• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33...I haven't got a clue, Please HELP!!

Olen2013

Thanks for your help..I'll try and make this short...JV33 had been setup and not running for a couple of weeks. When I got it I plugged it in and it started up just fine but the printhead was clogged. I cleaned and cleaned, ordered some solvent cartridges to do discharge and wash (many times) in hopes of the print head to become unclogged...I have hope and patience working.....
and a lot of prayers...

I had it cleaning day and night every hour on the hour for a week.
Last week I ran a test print and the cyan, yellow and black printed.....
I did some more washing and cleaning, every hour....I got up this morning and ran a test pattern.. half of the Magenta Printed...
Can you believe it.!!!!Magenta...I was so excited...I dont really want to have to buy a new print head...

Then thats when the trouble started...I am not sure why..but I decided to do a discharge and wash and then refill the ink...why I don't know???
I remember taking out the solvent cartridges but dont remember what the display said and I put the ink cartridges in..I got distracted...

I have turned the main power off, unplugged from the wall, pressed the green button several times...read this in a post...thought it made sense...

THIS IS WHAT MY DISPLAY READS AND I CANT GET IT TO GO ANY FURTHER..
I power it on..
screen read: Please Wait
next screen:Choose an ink type, ES3 SO1- Enter
next screen:Choose an ink set, 4-color(MMCCYYKK) Enter
next screen:_M_C_Y_K, it also shows that every other ink cartridge is empty..they are all full..??
When I hit the END button message says:Filling up isn't yet
May I stop it ? :enter

That is as far as I can get..

I have all 8 ink cartridges in machine...I am not sure what to do next, I feel like I don't know how to clear out to many commands, or what???

Would someone please lead me in the right direction....Thank You

petesign

dont worry about the other cartridges saying they are empty, it only draws from 4 cartridges at one time (especially if the red lights arent on above the second cartridge for each color) ditch the es3 inks and get ss21, trust me. I suggest calling your local supplier and see if their tech support are willing to help you. I think you'll still end up replacing the head. Are the dampers full of ink? Stop the ink fill, and start a new one.

Olen2013

Thanks so much for your reply Petesign, I will try this in the morning, I'm just concerned that I cant get the display to change to give me more options. I just bought new ink cartridges (ES3) do you think these will be ok until I can get the ss21 ink? I will check the dampers...I appreciate your help

petesign

if you've already filled with es3, you will have to flush and refill with ss21. We ran es3 inks for about a year and a half, and they were terrible. No bite, banners would scratch on the production table, and good luck finding any profiles to work with them if you are using rasterlink. But they don't smell as much.

Hold down your function and remote buttons when you boot, and it will go into maintenance mode during boot. Might let you get past that point and start over.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK.

Very few print problems are because of a bad print head. May be an air leak between the pump and the head, bad pump, or maybe you're not holding your mouth right...lol

Good luck. Might try posting this in the printer forum.

4R Graphics

I am local in jacksonville will help out if i can i do have the tech manuals for the JV33 and personally run one.

I will pm you with my contact info.

Plopez210

hey i just set up a jv33 today

boot
choose ink type
choose ink set
next will discharge
ask for fill up cartridges
insert per fill solution cartridges
will then fill and flush lines
remove those then will ask for ink cartridges
then will flow ink through the system