• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33 ink migration

99gs300

I seem to be having an issue with the cyan/grey ink bleeding into the yellow and light magenta fields on my test prints, and during actual jobs. I have replaced the cap top, washed the little sponge in there, and done all of the various cleaning/flush procedures. See below:

attachment.php

It still appears to be doing this.

Attachments

• IMG_3570.jpg
    IMG_3570.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 198

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The cap top is a good place to start but if that didn't help, check your pump to make sure one or both sides aren't clogged. After running a cleaning, your cap top should be empty. If there is still a pool of ink in there, that would cause your issue. If the pump is not clogged, move on to changing the dampers. Since the migration is in multiple colors, I am betting on the pump being the problem.

One thing to check is that the ink cartridges actually have ink in them. If a cartridge fails to flag the machine as empty it can cause similar issues to what you are experiencing.

99gs300

thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I did another pump tube wash, and the pump seems to be sucking solvent right out of the cap, like it should:

https://vid.me/MqHh

So I guess i'll move on to the dampers. You mean these things here, right?

attachment.php

I guess i should start with the colors that are having the migration issues?

Thanks again.

Attachments

• IMG_3571.jpg
    IMG_3571.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 164

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
Hi
Is the wiper actually wiping the head?
I have seen some that are on the "thick " setting that just miss the head at the rear.
After it has done its wipe go to maintenence station out and move it across to the left and have a look and see if there are any droplets on the head as there should be nothing.
the dampers could be starting to leak as well.
I normally see your problem after the head has been on nozzle soak overnight and the ink goes up into the wrong head due to capillary action.
Several prints of yellow will normally get rid of it.
Tekkie1:smile:

99gs300

Thank you,

The wiper appears to be functioning correctly.... I dont think i've ever done an overnight nozzle soak on this machine, I've been operating it for about 3 months with just regular washes and head cleans.

I will try to run some yellow and see what happens, then I will proceed with a damper installation.

Thanks