• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv33 printing issue

I recently purchased a mimaki jv33 that does have some missing nozzles. My question is concerning what appears to be overspray or deflection in my prints. I wondered if anyone here can perhaps help. I’m posting my settings in flexi along with a picture of my print if I can

Attachments

• 07DA0212-4ED9-4D94-B5A9-25F2942C740E.jpeg
    07DA0212-4ED9-4D94-B5A9-25F2942C740E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 635
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 543
Here are my settings in flexi

Attachments

• 327FF6EF-E4FA-4C51-8F87-F295B941A2CD.jpeg
    327FF6EF-E4FA-4C51-8F87-F295B941A2CD.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 485
  • 175D1887-5276-4B10-8887-2EB302E270C3.jpeg
    175D1887-5276-4B10-8887-2EB302E270C3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 476

RogerZ

Hi! This overspray is literally a clogged nozzle problem, so, you need to unclog the cyan and magenta nozzle, if you already did a hard cleaning let the printhead soak all night with solvent and then do a Fill up ink process, you can do it multiple times if needed. Once all the nozzles are unclogged you'll have perfect prints and this overspray will be gone.

Attached a picture of how you're nozzles should be.
28253d1404152603-2009-mimaki-jv33-160-photo-4.jpg

Thank you for the reply. I realize the test should look like that but the previous owner said they had a head strike and it is not a clog. So is the overspray something I cannot get rid of now without a new head?

RogerZ

Unfortunately no, if the printhead has a strike on the nozzle this overspray will continue cause' it's damaged, your print settings are ok, but the overspray it's cause by the missing nozzles.

Here are my settings in flexi
Go to
- Maintenance
- Nozzle Wash
then fill the cap with cleaning solution and select 1 minute.

Once the cap goes into its home position, turn off the printer and let it set for 24 hours.

After 24 hours, power ON the machine and do a strong cleaning.

Do a nozzle test and see if the nozzles have improved at all. If they haven't then very likely you will have to replace the print head.

We can try and manually suction directly with a syringe but you will have to DM us to explain the process.

Email: info@werepairprinters.ca
Attn: Ron

Pregasen

Hi guys.
Hope everyone is well.

Please can anyone help.

Mimaki jv33. New print head 2weeks old. New slider. Main board. New hdc fpc cables. New head cables. Dampers. Captop. Pump.

Printing worked fine.. For 2 weeks..
All of sudden magenta dropped on both sides.
Done numerous head soaks.
Pulled ink through from below camping. Ink fill ups.
Magenta still nit showing. If it does it's just few nozzles the. Disappears. Swapped cyan dampers and ink line to magenta and vice versa.. Magenta prints on cyan. Cyan missing on magenta nozzles.

Please can someone help. Please. Attached pic of cap top and head.

Attachments

• IMG_20230927_075902.jpg
    IMG_20230927_075902.jpg
    634.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20230927_080335.jpg
    IMG_20230927_080335.jpg
    596.1 KB · Views: 119

Pregasen

Also what I noticed. After a hard clean. Magenta still no show on test draw.. But can see the left damper towards media fill up. Right damper towards keypad does not fill or does so very little. Test draw no magenta. If I pull th magenta dampers off and place back. Test draw fill 100percent nozzles. But drops when printing.

Dean J

I have a Mimaki J33 6 color (since 2008) that has been sitting idle and not on since December of 2020 during Covid. I have a little experience with the machine, I have had production staff run it in years gone past. The power has been off all this time. I feel the print head will be clogged and maybe damaged due sitting idle. The machine has had a new printhead and dampners replaced during use life. I am asking for someone to walk me through steps to get the printer back up going and ready for a possible sale. Many thanks for insight and guidance through reviving this machine.

damonCA21

Hi Dean. Yes after that long the head and dampers will definitely need replacing. as will the ink hoses all the way back to the cartridges ( you may be able to flush the hoses ). Also unblock the needles that insert into the ink cartridges. You will probably also find that the pump may be clogged. And replace the captop and wipers etc... plus there are normally a few other bits you will find need doing as you go through it.

Basically you will need to clean out / renew the ink path all the way from the cartridge to the head to make sure ink is getting to the head freely, then from the head out to the waste.

Solvent printers are not designed to sit idle for any length of time. The solvent in the ink will evaporate leaving either a thick sludge of pigment and solvent, or completely dried out solid solvent.

To be honest it is going to cost you more in parts than it will sell for as they aren't worth much second hand even if fully working

Neil

I disagree with Damon. The eco-sol inks re-wet with the cleaning solution. You should be able to bring it all back.

I bought a JV33 recently that had been sitting switched off and basically uncapped for 6 months throughout our hot summer.
I was able to clean it and get it up and running 100% printing perfectly all nozzles work no deflection.
Didn't even change the dampers.
The first thing I did was soak the head in the cap for a few days, then took the dampers off and syringed the head backwards to clear any ink in the head.
Then lightly flushed solution through each channel.
I put new ink in, opened the cartridge valves and pulled the ink through the dampers.
Put it all back and started it up.
There were nozzles missing and deflecting, but they have since cleared with printing

damonCA21

I agree that can happen occasionally, but probably every 1 person it works for there are 99 it won't. It is always worth trying if the head is blocked anyway as you have nothing to lose, but don't be surprised if it doesn't fix it :)