Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mimaki jv33 printing issue

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Stickersmith llc, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Stickersmith llc

Stickersmith llc New Member

Jul 30, 2018
    North carolina
    I recently purchased a mimaki jv33 that does have some missing nozzles. My question is concerning what appears to be overspray or deflection in my prints. I wondered if anyone here can perhaps help. I’m posting my settings in flexi along with a picture of my print if I can

Attached Files:

2. Stickersmith llc

Jul 30, 2018
    North carolina
    Here are my settings in flexi

Attached Files:

3. RogerZ

RogerZ New Member

Oct 30, 2018
    San Pedro Sula
    Hi! This overspray is literally a clogged nozzle problem, so, you need to unclog the cyan and magenta nozzle, if you already did a hard cleaning let the printhead soak all night with solvent and then do a Fill up ink process, you can do it multiple times if needed. Once all the nozzles are unclogged you'll have perfect prints and this overspray will be gone.

Attached a picture of how you're nozzles should be.[​IMG]

4. Stickersmith llc

Jul 30, 2018
    North carolina
    Thank you for the reply. I realize the test should look like that but the previous owner said they had a head strike and it is not a clog. So is the overspray something I cannot get rid of now without a new head?

5. RogerZ

RogerZ New Member

Oct 30, 2018
    San Pedro Sula
    Unfortunately no, if the printhead has a strike on the nozzle this overspray will continue cause' it's damaged, your print settings are ok, but the overspray it's cause by the missing nozzles.

6. ron_digitalsigntech

ron_digitalsigntech New Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Canada
    Go to
    - Maintenance
    - Nozzle Wash
    then fill the cap with cleaning solution and select 1 minute.

Once the cap goes into its home position, turn off the printer and let it set for 24 hours.

After 24 hours, power ON the machine and do a strong cleaning.

Do a nozzle test and see if the nozzles have improved at all. If they haven't then very likely you will have to replace the print head.

We can try and manually suction directly with a syringe but you will have to DM us to explain the process.

Email: info@werepairprinters.ca
    Attn: Ron