• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33 "Special Firmware"

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I know very little about the CJV machines. We used to run a couple of JV33 which use different firmware and this thread is about the JV33. That being said we also do not have those anymore either and I have not touched one in a couple of years now.

LionelMSA

My apologies,

I am new to the site and still making my way around:), any how I seem to have solved the issue, still dont know how though, I plugged out the data cables on the motherboard, tested the resistance on both mother board and slider, couldnt do the head test due to the multimeter nt having miliohms setting, left it over night. plugged everything back in and it worked, so far printed 150m without any of the problems i had.

Thank you Sight Line for posting anyway

lvy

Around 4.40 Mimaki made a major change to the mainboard in JV33 machines. As far as I know once you install firmware beyond 4.40 the process is not reversible - in other words it will not be possible to downgrade. Also - up to at least version 5.30 (not sure if there is any newer) the firmware upgrade tool is FW Tool 3 Version 2.3

From the 4.60 notes -"
JV33-130/160/260 and TS3-1600 Main Firmware Upgraded
On this firmware version and later, ROM for IJT(ZHEJIANG)-manufactured JV33-130/160A TypeBⅡ becomes a common ROM of JV33 series. When F/W is updated to Ver.4.60 via an update tool of RLP5 Ver.2.10, it is unable to downgrade its latest version to previous versions because of reasons described below. - F/W Ver4.60 is adapted to white and silver of ES3 ink. Therefore, a regardless of whether white and silver of ES3 ink are used, users can not downgrade F/W version to previous versions which are not adapted to such inks."

Also - from version 5.0 firmware - its somewhat hard to determine due to the engrish - "and the device cannot be operated" - they do not indicate if you get the error before or after loading the wrong firmware. See the attached. It sounds as though you risk bricking your mainboard if you get it to take the newer firmware that is not compatible with the mainboard. The only solution appears to be to contact Mimaki Engineering which only a dealer can do since end users are not supposed to have access to firmware updates or the tools to install them.

and "When F/W is updated to Ver.5.00 via an update tool of RLP5 Ver.2.10 and later, it is unable to downgrade its latest version to previous versions because of reasons described below.
-1) F/W Ver5.00 is adapted to SB60 ink. Therefore, a regardless of whether SB60 ink is used, users can not downgrade F/W version to previous versions which are not adapted to such inks.
-2) F/W Ver5.00 is adapted to the common main circuit board. Therefore, a regardless of whether such main board is used, users can not downgrade F/W version to previous versions which are not adapted to such inks."

I'll also say this - I have access to all the firmware. I'm still running version 2.20 with zero problems. The plus with 2.20 - I can use a generic DX5 (non Mimaki OEM) printhead. Any firmware above 2.20 and a JV33 can only use an OEM Mimaki head for more than twice the price.

Where I can download FW Tool 3 Version 2.3 + firmware files please?

Imageray

hi all, interesting read indeed, after trying to install a new unused 2nd hand generic print head which didnt work had to replace with old print head then to be faced with a line of red leds which in effect stop everything as you can't even load ink into the head.

JV33 160 on version 5firmware

now wondering am i now having to revert to oem mimaki inks , and if i do will it even work?

printers dont you love them

Attachments

• JV33 3.jpg
    JV33 3.jpg
    690.1 KB · Views: 134
  • JV33 4.jpg
    JV33 4.jpg
    594.3 KB · Views: 131

IntegralPrint

Hi there,
I got a wider CJV30-160, I´ve tried to move my CISS System to this machine, I only get two ink permanent Chips up, and two not ??!!!
BUT it was working till 2 month ago....... I already tried to buy new chips, 2 times, but still not works !?

My FW is 1.2, I´ve tried the FW Updater, but I get "you have a special firmware" message.

After reading here am a bit confused WHAT version OR IF I should upgrade if I can ?!!?

PLEASE SOME HELP AND ADVICE how to get my MIMAKI bach to printing......

I´ve inserted 2, almost empty chips, from my old and empty mimaki catridges... -1% or so..... waiting every minute that self cleaning service stops !!!