• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv33 trouble - 911

Jimmym38834

Grettings I have a Mamki JV33 that we allowed to run out of ink last wed. it was the yellow and that is where our trouble begins... We cleared the lines of air and replaced the damper however I think it clogged the yellow head in an effort to clean the the nozzle we started getting an Error 202 which Mimaki says is a slider issue ... today we took the head assembly apart and found some corrosion on the cable we cleaned it off and reinserted it the error went away but we are not getting ANY ink printing ... we ordered a new ribbon but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions ... we placed a service call but the tech has to come out of a town 4 hours away (400 drive time) and then its 170 an hour for repair so we are looking at an easy grand here if it is not the head .... and if it is a simple cable then I hate to have the tech come...

Thanks in advance for any and all help

getcustomized

Double/triple check the flat cable connection from the head to slider board. look for any damage to the cable. then after the error goes away Do a nozzle wash for 99 mins then do an ink fill up.

Jimmym38834

Thanks

Double/triple check the flat cable connection from the head to slider board. look for any damage to the cable. then after the error goes away Do a nozzle wash for 99 mins then do an ink fill up.

Thanks for the reply .. we did that and got the error to clear but the head is still not firing we are getting a touch of Magenta and Cyan on the far head but just a touch...

Jimmym38834

next issue

Ok I replaced the flat ribbon and got the 202 error to clear however the machine still will not print at all now.... Went from not printing yellow to not printing at all ... I feel that it is a ink supply issue that somehow we have messed up the ink flow and now they will not prime... in doing all this I was told by tech support to do an ink flush I did no ink came out so that would prove that the ink is not flowing the dampers have ink the lines are air free... once I did the flush nothing happens it is just on the set ink screen we did but nothing .. and now we can not get out of that menu....

Pleasehelp

heyskull

The air lock could be a faulty or empty damper.
Does the yellow dampers have similair amount of ink as all the other colours?
if not pull ink through the damper till it is about half full.
I didn't think you could physically empty a JV33 of a colour due to it having sub tanks (I could be wrong)

SC