• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33 Uses ? - Stickers, T-Shirt Transfers etc.

JP4

I have been sold on Roland Printer after a lot of research. However i have come across a deal on a mimaki jv33 and graphtec that will be hard to pass. My target market will be small stickers,banners, and custom tees. I do not want to limit my expansion by buying less than a 54 inch printer. Wraps and other signs later as i grow.

I have been looking hard to find info and feed back on mimaki jv33's but have not found a whole lot. anyone use these printer for small stickers and T-sShirts?

Thanks
JP

InstantOneMedia

We've just upgraded from a JV3 to a JV33 and we love it. I don't think there's much you can't do with it. We've printed everything from banners, to wall decals, to wraps, to small stickers and decals. Not sure about T-Shirts though.

Robert M

Mimaki vs Roland

The printers you mention both use Epson print heads and very similar inks. There is nothing that one can do that the other can't as far as output. The Mimaki printers all come with the take up where Roland may make that an upgrade. Shop around and find the best value.
Also look at the starter ink sets, in the past Roland has sold their printers dry where Mimaki is very generous with adding inks in the box.

ASM Graphics

We've had a JV33-130 for 6-7 years and very happy with it. We just started doing some small scare t-shirts and do everything else from vehicle wraps, wall murals, large banners and small decals. We're in the process of adding a CJV30-160

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
As mentioned both can pretty much do the exact same things. The JV33 is a solid workhorse of a machine. Of course you cannot print directly onto a t-shirt (with either). Heat transfers, yes - we do them a lot.

MikePro

i was pushing hard to upgrade my jv3 to the Jv33, knowing how great of a machine it was.
...and i'd still take it over it's Roland counter-part anyday, but they're both very identical machines with exactly the same amount of uses.

JP4

Well...I found a Roland dealer that is easy to talk to and knowledgeable about Roland gear. Spoke to him a few times already and would feel comfortable buying from him. Seem to be good folks.

That being said....I wanted to research and see exactly what my options are so I didn't make a uneducated decision. I know what ever I decide on will most likely be the brand I use moving forward. I contacted Mimaki USA and they sent me to a dealer. The dealer contacted me and gave me a quote on a CJV30-130 and I must say it was considerably less expensive than the VS540I even with the current promos that Roland is offering. I thinking about doing a Demo with each unit to try and get a better feel of each machine. The Versaworks software looks really good...not sure on the Rasterlink Rip. I have all but settle on a Roland unit before now.

JP