• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv33 wont turn on after jam

mindman

Hi, our printer jammed the other day, we powered it off and back on, ran test draw, missing colours, ran clean, right after clean error head 7 0--- appeared so we powewred back off.
powered on again and ran new test print, still mising lines, so new clean, same error. powered off and back on 2 more times, then it powered off and wont power on.

when we flip the power switch on the right it clicks twice (relays), the screen flashes momentarily.

technician came in today, he says after measruing that I need a new slider, head and mainboard.

Is it possible that 1 head jam can cause so much damage to the printer? Could he be lieing?

All he did was measure with a multimeter, he did not replace anything.

Is there anything else I can test to determine if he is telling the truth?
they have quoted me 5000 euros to fix the printer and say i have to replace the 3 parts.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Ken

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It could definitely be the slider board but you can test it yourself by unplugging the main ribbon cables from the slider board that go to the main board. Make sure they are not touching anything that may short out and turn on the machine. If the machine turns on it is the slider board if it doesn't, it is not the slider board. Make sure to turn off the machine, unplug it and hit the power button a few times to discharge any remaining charge in the system before you do anything.

Another note: 5000 euros is ridiculous. Maybe in Europe things are different but if I was working on your machine right now I would charge $125 plus the part which is no more than $500 and maybe travel time if it is far away from my location. The slider board is easily replaceable and you could probably do it yourself.

If you need any parts try us out at solventinkjet.com.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Vander is right on. And yes, a damaged head can fry both the slider board and mainboard. Generally speaking a head strike will not cause that much problems though. It almost sounds like the ribbon cables to the right side of the head also got jammed and shorted.