• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki jv33

gixxer2004

I have a mimaki jv33 that has been sitting with the cartridges out for about a month - no it did not have the lines flushed. Whats the worst case senario? I figured pump the lines with cleaner, replace the cap and dampers and may printhead. Any suggestions?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Actually the DX5 heads tend to be VERY resilient to that. Just fillerup with ink and then do a couple of 99 minute nozzle soaks and it will probably come back pretty well if the head was in good shape to begin with.

Now if you can visibly see dried ink in the lines or dampers then yes defintiley flush it first and replace the dampers. Probably a good idea to replace those regardless.

Matt-Tastic

Disconnect the dampers/heads first, then install cleaning carts. Pull cleaning solutions through the lines with a sryinge, and let the solution sit in the lines for a while. this will help get dried ink out of the lines and hopefully out of the needle as well. you'll need to manually (or through the service menu) open the valves.

you can then remove the cleaning carts, put in ink, and either manually or through the "fill up ink" menu, recharge the system. its not a good idea to leave ink in the system for months on any solvent system, but with some babying, you may get it mostly back.

Sightline's suggestions for massaging in the head back to life will probably be necessary as well.