• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV34-260 - We have one in our shop - need some guidance

MarkH42

We are doing a joint venture with a commercial printing company that got out of the wide format market. Long story, but they needed space and so 6 months ago we took their machinery and are using their equipment along with ours to fill orders for them on a wholesale basis. One of the machines is a Mimaki JV34-260. Between our customer base and theirs, we currently have a very small demand for 8' wide banners, which seems to be the only product we would use this machine for versus our two HP Latex printers. The machine is proving to be difficult to maintain, particularly when we use it so infrequently. It is in need of ink pumps and a couple of other items and the estimated total repair cost will be in the $2,000 range.

The company we are working with paid something like $60K for it a couple of years ago. I see them advertised new on a couple of fishy looking Asia-based sites for under $20K. I visited the Mimaki booth in Atlanta during the SGIA show and they clearly haven't sold many of these machines. We are in Birmingham, Alabama and Tubelite is our local Mimaki rep. None of their tech people have ever worked on one of these, but one guy has been very helpful and says he has worked on enough similar machines to be able to work on this one pretty well.

What would a used one of these be worth? Do any of you own one of these? I know it has dye sub capability also if you purge in those inks. We have no market for dye sub but could explore that option. Any feedback on this machine, the dye sub market, and anything else that I may need to factor would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I would talk to the guys at Global Garage to see what they think they could get for it, its actually a pretty good machine and if you can get it dialed in for just $2k that will help with the re-sell value. You could probably get $20k maybe more depending on warranty and stuff like that.