• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki JV400 160LX "media jam" no visible jam

Cmguti1977

Getting a Media Jam message but there is none visible. I also get a ink overflow ink message. Does anyone have an idea what i could be doing wribg. I bought this used. I would appreciate the help. Thanks

j3graphix

Having the same issue. Any ideas? I get repeated media jam errors, but nothing is in the way. I get the error message 3 or 4 times before it successfully prints. Once the print starts, it is fine.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I didn't know anyone actually had one of these units. Your best bet would be to work directly with Mimaki on fixing your situation.

j3graphix

I didn't know anyone actually had one of these units. Your best bet would be to work directly with Mimaki on fixing your situation.
Thanks. I actually have a JV150, but the same error message. I'm trying to get in touch with my Mimaki rep, but I was hoping someone might know an easy fix.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There is a little lever on the right side of the print head carriage and if it gets pushed in it will give you this error. It may just be stuck in the jammed position.

j3graphix

There is a little lever on the right side of the print head carriage and if it gets pushed in it will give you this error. It may just be stuck in the jammed position.
Thanks! There is a lever, but it's for the height adjustment. BUT, this did lead me to find the issue. There is a flap that hangs down on the right side of the carriage that trips the media jam sensor when it comes across something. It was being tripped by a buildup of dried ink on the strip of foam just to the right of the nozzle cap. I cleaned it and the bottom of this flap and it seems to be working again. Thanks!