• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki JV400 90d Error message

slopoke

Hi All,

I picked up a dead Mimaki JV400 LX and have been slowly working through it's issues to get it up and running again, but am stumped at this latest problem. I have gotten the following 3 messages at some point during a restart, however not all of them will show up everytime I restart. The only consistent message I get everytime is the Not Complete SUP and I can't get past that one.

- Error 90d
- Not complete SUP
- System Parameters

It looks I have a head problem, but I can't determine if it's a dead head or if the machine has just lost contact with it and I need to change a setting in the system parameters. Thoughts?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Not a lot of people use the JV400 and there aren't a lot of trained techs either. I don't have the tech manual for that machine but it uses the same heads as the JFX200 which I do have. On that machine Error 90d is a head parameter error which means the head is not plugged in or it's not communicating with the main board.

slopoke

Thanks for the reply VanderJ!

I'm noticing that this is not a very popular machine, google hasn't been providing me with much in the way of information that's been of any real help trying to rebuild this machine. Quick question for you, if it's the PCB can I swap the boards on the two heads as a way to eliminate or isolate that as the issue?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thanks for the reply VanderJ!

I'm noticing that this is not a very popular machine, google hasn't been providing me with much in the way of information that's been of any real help trying to rebuild this machine. Quick question for you, if it's the PCB can I swap the boards on the two heads as a way to eliminate or isolate that as the issue?

I have never done it on that machine but have done it on many others including Mimaki printers. They should be the exact same boards just with different information on them so I would go for it.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hi All,

I picked up a dead Mimaki JV400 LX and have been slowly working through it's issues to get it up and running again, but am stumped at this latest problem. I have gotten the following 3 messages at some point during a restart, however not all of them will show up everytime I restart. The only consistent message I get everytime is the Not Complete SUP and I can't get past that one.

- Error 90d
- Not complete SUP
- System Parameters

It looks I have a head problem, but I can't determine if it's a dead head or if the machine has just lost contact with it and I need to change a setting in the system parameters. Thoughts?

Did you pay money for this?