• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV400LX OR HP L26500????

So from the few things i have read about them and the quotes these are the two machines I'm drawn between.
HP i got a price of 16K and 25K for Mimaki. The Mimaki comes with the white which is a huge plus for store fronts and any clear media. But not sure how much I will actually use the white to justify the huge extra price. I do have a Summa DC4 so I am some what familiar with using white. I mainly do vehicle decals, truck lettering and store fronts. I am looking to get into vehicle wraps.
So pros and cons or first hand experience with these two machines will be greatly appreciated. For me this is a HUGE step and I want to make sure i make the right decision. I have the Summa DC4SX and a Zund M-1200S for now and sub out my printing to a guy with a HP L2500 and I love the quality. That's why I'm pretty sure i want to go with Latex.
Thank You in advance.

MikePro

if you think you'll only occasionally use white, don't bother. its a waste unless you're constantly moving that ink.

i'm a HUGE mimaki fan, but this 26500 I just picked up is just so freakin' awesome.
onboard color profiling and disposable printheads with automatic alignment, too cool. anything you've ever learned about running a printer, this machine knows how to do it for you.

if you think you'll only occasionally use white, don't bother. its a waste unless you're constantly moving that ink.

i'm a HUGE mimaki fan, but this 26500 I just picked up is just so freakin' awesome.
onboard color profiling and disposable printheads with automatic alignment, too cool. anything you've ever learned about running a printer, this machine knows how to do it for you.

Thank You for the Input Mike. I will definitely keep all of this in mind in my decision.