• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MIMAKI JV5-160 Printing YELLOW all over the file on full media widh..!!!!!!

shifil_mimak

Hello guys,,,my MIMAKI JV5-160 machine is printing YELLOW all over my file / media in full media size in WiDth,,even though the file is half of the media set.....
Am confused,,,,is there any procedure to switch ON/OFF the print heads one by one...so that may be I can identify that which head is the culprit.....by the way on hitting test button it prints GOOD WITHOUT excess yellow over it...pls help,,,confued.....

thanks in advance :)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You have an electrical issue. Usually the problem is in the print head cables and/or longer cables that go back to the head boards. Check all of the connections to make sure something didn't pop out or ink got into the terminals. You could try changing the cables to be sure. Other than that, if the cables are good, your head boards could be damaged or the head itself. I'm not sure on the JV5 but the Mutoh muli-head machines have an option in the RIP, under printer settings usually, that allows you to print using only specific heads. Take a look around your software for a similar option.

shifil_mimak

Thanks for a quick response....i wil be checking the cables from the head for any loos connection or pop up condition.
Buy still Iam confused how it cud happen for all 4 heads..!!!!!!
Also i noticed that the each head reley pcb (4nos) have the red LED lighting,,,, which says there is no trouble from their side....
Will post here once i adopt any step...
Thanks once again.... :)