• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV5 bricked

abrajdic

I really need some help with this.
Here is what happened:
2 days ago in order to make bulk ink system operational we had to change date to previous time as we do regularly (per 8 hour as permitted by Mikami).
For reasons unknown to me, might be a human error, date started to increase after restarts. We ended at year 2056.
I read several posts regarding date reset and wanted to remove the battery, yet my business partner wanted to wait for technician.
He came yesterday and did not want to remove the battery, but experimented downgrading the firmware.
1st downgrade did not resolve anything. After 4th downgrade the technician looked very worried. He turned off the printer and said it is a motherboard problem. He left. Now the printer just keeps rebooting (BOOT message, then japanese letters and POWER OFF msg... and all over again).
We guess that he bricked it by uploading wrong firmware or upload did not finish at all.

Does anyone have an idea what to do?
Buying a new motherboard is an option, but we would like to find other solutions. Programing eeprom with external programmer or buying a programmed one?
Any ideas are welcome.

Also, does anyone have software needed to take control of printer settings, firmware update etc.