• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV5 no-curl feed issue

r4online

Hello, we are currently printing a huge amount of no curl banners on our Mimaki JV5s, print sizes are mostly 48"x89". We have run into problems on 3 types of materials we have tried, it seems the material shifts a bit after about 4ft of printing, where the tension on the roll slacks on one side behind the pinch rollers, which eventually slides between the rollers and causes head strikes. Has any one ever run into this problem? We make sure the material is very straight before starting a print but eventually it starts shifting. The only thing that seems to help is manually giving the material slack as it goes, which is very inconvenient considering the amount of prints we have to make.

Ideas anyone?:thankyou:

Vinylman

Have you checked to make certain that the entire printer is perfectly level?

It could be that the media is crawling ever so slightly as it feeding off the rear media rollers it is crawling either left or right in the scan direction of the printer.

There is also the possibilities of either the media being wound slightly to tight on one side or the other right from the manufacturer. 2nd possibility could be minor variations in the warp, or weft built into the material during manufacture.

particleman

Yeah we fight this on no curl and our jv5. like vinylman said make sure the printer is totally level first. 2nd the take up system cannot have any twist in it.

r4online

Thank you, the level is something I never thought of. I will try levelling it on monday, Thanks!

Dave