• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV5 vertical banding

r4online

Hello everyone, we have been plagued by this issue for the past 3 months. We get this weird vertical pattern when we print solids, especially cyans and magentas. It occurs with or without heating on. Also we have found the problem occurs only when we use all 4 heads. Using any different combination of 1,2 or 3 heads seems to solve the problem but whenever we have all 4 heads working this happens. If anyone has seen this before or may have an idea of what's causing it, any feedback is welcome.

ps: We have replaced the encoder strip with no change.

Thanks!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 210

ReiberGraphix

see if your carriage is level, if your heat setting is too high and you are spraying ink at the sides of peaks and valleys it can make a heck of a difference. just a thought

SARTampaBay

static? what's the humidity like in the building?

Not intending to hijack the thread, but I've seen this from my jv3 from time to time and am interested in hearing more about your question about humidity. How would that create this? Thanks.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
vertical banding

i would try a different media profile. it looks like you are not getting enough coverage. i know onyx is notorious for doing this to people. if you use onyx, you have to check the ink limits and make sure everything is calibrated with the prints using a scanner. i used to use this program and it put me through hell. i use rasterpro5 now and with the same printers between the two shops, mine prints so much better.

tbaker

I've seen this on a couple different machine types, from mimakis to HPs, the cause varies, from slider boards, to crap on the rails and bearings., make sure everything is clean and lubed.