• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki - long cable connection?

S

Stan B

Hi all.

How can I connect Mimaki JV33 with a cable of about 50 feet long?

The longest USB cable I found is 16 feet. All USB-extensions (even Usb-to-lan=>Lan-to-Usb) did not work. Are there any other kinds of cable? My JV33 only has USB port on it.

Please help :smile:

Thanks!

xtremesigns

I have a jv3 and has the same prob - mine is firewire tho. I used a hub for it. You can get two 25' cables and plug the hub in the middle.

Only problem is that you lose the drivers for some reason sometimes. So you have to uninstall then reinstall them. Kind of a pain...

hope this helps...

iSign

I use a dedicated rip computer for my Mimaki, & therefore, it is extremely rare that I use the CD drive, so another suggestion that I considered was to locate the CPU closer to your printer, but use longer wires for the keyboard, mouse and monitor. As it is, I have made do with a 12' Firewire cable & don't mind being that close

deckersupplyco

We were trying to figure this out with our graphtec. Not sure if it will work with yours or not but to hook up multiple usb cables you need either a powered hub or an inline repeater.

And if you need it cheap, check out www.monoprice.com

Good luck, let us know if you get it working because we're going to try the same once business slows down.

S'N'S

Might help

Maximum Useful Signalling Distance

Although a single cable is limited to 5 meters, the USB specification permits up to five USB hubs in a long chain of cables and hubs. Consequently the maximum possible signalling distance is 30 meters, using six 5-meter cables and five hubs. In actual use, the last hub is a more convenient endpoint since some USB devices include built-in cables intended to directly connect to a hub, setting the maximum useful signalling distance at 25 meters.
Because USB is able to provide power for additional devices connected to the bus, a special type of USB extender cable was created which consists of a miniature one-port USB hub molded into one end of a 5 meter cable. These mini-hubs are fully self-contained within the cable, requiring no separate bulky hub device, and are as simple to use as plugging cables together, with each hub drawing power through all the previous single-port hubs in the chain. The bus power is limited however, so the most practical application is to use four single-port hub extender cables, one plain 5 meter cable, and then a powered multiport hub at the very end to support multiple additional USB devices.

or read here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usb

Case

We were trying to figure this out with our graphtec. Not sure if it will work with yours or not but to hook up multiple usb cables you need either a powered hub or an inline repeater.

And if you need it cheap, check out www.monoprice.com

Good luck, let us know if you get it working because we're going to try the same once business slows down.

You can use a print server on your Graphtec...

Case

Rooster

The USB repeaters work great. I have them in my shop and they solved my distance issues perfectly.

Shop around. They vary greatly in price from retailer to retailer and manufacturer to manufacturer.