• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Mimaki LUS-150 Ink Adhesion Issues On Corrugated Plastic

Sign Source 1

Anyone else having problems with this inkset printing on corrugated plastic? We have a Mimaki JFX-200 2513 with LUS-150 inks and the ink is flaking off in large sections within a matter of weeks. The machine is roughly 1 year old and we started noticing this problem shortly after initial set up, but has now turned into a major issue. All material is cleaned with 99% alcohol prior to printing. We have multiple flatbeds, but have never encountered this problem with any of our other machines. Rip is Onyx Production House 12.2. We have had multiple conversations with Mimaki and they are aware of the problem (we seem to not be the only one with this issue), but cannot offer any resolutions to correct the issue. Blame was initially passed to Inteplast. Their only suggestion has been to put primer on coroplast, which makes no financial sense for any production shop. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.

iimprint

i have same setup in Adelaide,Australia i just make sure the corflute is print ready or corona treated, i buy packs of 10 sheets (sealed wraps of 10) so i dont clean first otherwise i see wipe streaks, and using Rasterlink as rip

Pagan

We have a mimaki jfx200 just install 3 weeks ago
We have problem with flaking and adhesives
But happened with cheap Coroplast,
We now buy Coroplast brand only. .50 cent more
Per sheet 4x8. We print with mimaki LUS 150 ink ,8 to 10 boards an hours at 12 pass lamps at 100%
All day long.
Next week we testing intercore boards with corona treament. $1.25 cheapest than
Coroplast brand ..... stay tune. Let see what happens..

K Schutt

Do you buy Coroplast that is primed for Digital Printing? We have the same machine and are suddenly having similar issues with random prints.

FutureSigns

I Know I am really late to this thread but can someone tell me where they are buying coroplast made for digital printing? I am having the same problem. Our old ION never had issues. :(