• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

::::Mimaki Megenta Half head blocked::::

K3TZ

Hi Guys,

This morning I just started printing on my Mimaki JV3 160SP, My prints came out very bad and I thought it's got to be my head not spraying ink. I checked and saw the Magenta head was not coming out properly.

A week Before I changed the inks to bulk in system and was working fine. I also flushed the machine.

This morning I have done so many cleans, to Nozzle washes to cleaning the capping station. I am stuck and biting my fingures away as jobs need to go out. :banghead:

Soo please please advice me what this can be, OO I have added some pictures that shold help you guys to understand more.

Attachments

• Inks.jpg
    Inks.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 146
  • headlines.jpg
    headlines.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 123

Vinylman

Just wondering if switching to your bulk ink system is still looking like a money saving idea right now?

That being said, have you tried attaching a syringe to bottom of the docking station below the magenta head, and slowly drawing ink through the print head with the ink valves open from the bulk ink system to the heads?
Barring a failing print head, this many times will clear a slightly clogged head faster than the traditional print head cleanings that are done with your software. BUT only do this IF you are familiar with the technique IT CAN CAUSE PERMANENT HEAD DAMAGE IF DONE WRONG! Ask questions BEFORE PROCEEDING if you are unsure.

Marcis Lusis

it seems the air comming in ink tube..follow steps

1. check u have no air bubbles in both magenta lines
1. cut of 5mm ink tube before both magenta dampers and conect them back (probbaly u hve to feed forward tubes manualy)
2. change damper
3. check plastic head mainfold

K3TZ

The worst thing is even my Roland Sol jet pro 3 has the same problem. After doing a fill up both Cyan and Magenta are gone to, This is getting complicated.

CWP

Maybe a dumb question, but you have you done a "fill up ink" function? You didn't mention it. I have sometimes had to do it a few times to get the head back. I also have bulk ink.

CWP

The worst thing is even my Roland Sol jet pro 3 has the same problem. After doing a fill up both Cyan and Magenta are gone to, This is getting complicated.

I should have refreshed....

I have seen it get worse before it got better. Patience grasshopper...

K3TZ

Haha, yah anyways I have a tech guy coming over tommorro Morning. Instead of me making it better I think I made the test draw come out worse.

Maybe it might be the dampers.

artbot

you have to diagnose it. put the black ink lines/dampers onto the magenta manifold. do a normal clean or pull lightly at the waste line. then to a test pattern. if you get black at the magenta head, they you have an issue from the dampers back. if black doesn't work at that position, then you have a capping station issue. do this first always when you see this come up.

K3TZ

Hey guys,

Just to let you know, the tech guy came and sorted the issue out in 15mins. He changed the dampers and used a syringe to bottom of the docking station and pulled the ink through. This was a learning curve for me.

Thank you very much for your time and help. Really appreciate it!! :D

artbot

if he pulled a vacuum at the waste line first he might have been able to determine if there was vapor lock inside of your head. and your dampers could have been fine to go for the next year or more. this type of stuff will happen to your printer on a regular basis. i encourage you to learn how to fix these "unbroken" issues in the future.

K3TZ

Yah ture, The tech guy just went through how to change the dampers, He changed 2 as we did not have enough dampers left, so the rest I will change it. Lets hope I don't mess it up more. haha But hay thanks. :D

kunlaci

Hi guys,
I have a pronlem with my jv4, but I suppose it could be the same at any other, I have an jv3 too so I did a lot of repair in both, this time i'm stuck.
as it haves 6 heads, on sublimation and pigment I used subli more often.now out of 6 just 1 head is firing , the machine start's up and act normal, just without ink spraying in the other 5 heads.
If I change cables the cables attached to the working head are firing the other heads, the other 5 no, so basicly I have 1 channel working.
yesterday durring a test print (only one test print of many) all of the heads firied a little, couldn't tell why, after that the same issue.
I suppose is an electrical problem, but don't know from where to start, I allready changed the Hdc board I supposed it's faulty.
any advice would help me
Thank you

kunlaci

update

Hi guys,
update,
after another day thinking,washing, cleaning and the supplimentary cursing:)(we hungarians are very good at it) , i think I might find the answer,but I'm looking for a second oppinion.
I just pulled out a cable from magenta/yellow head and turned of the machine which acts like nothing happend, and teoreticly is doing the the test print ,with the usual 1 head fire.the odd thing is that when he wants he's done the test print with more heads firing.....
So I'm not very thrilled about it but I think it's sliderbord...
any advise?
by the way, artbot , thank you, you were right about dumpers in ultrasonic:cool1:
Thank you,
Laci