• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki misfire help

JoeMedia

Hi,
We have a CJV30 and are having a heck of a time getting all the nozzels to fire correctly. All the nozzels were firing correctly except the black. There was a entire line not firing causing banding in the black. It was suggested we change out the cap and pump which we did today. After changing them out, we did a complete discharge and clean. Some of the nozzels came back in the black but others are now out. We now have misfires in the cyan as well as some new in the black. Also, when we print now there seems to be some "ink trail" (which the manual calls satellite) on the beginning and end of the print line. I keep doing hard cleans and nozzle washes and it's gotten a little better but something is still not right. Any ideas? I'm going crazy here trying to figure this one out. Should I just call in a Mimaki tech? I'm in Erie, PA and I can't seem to find one anyway. Any recommendations would be greatly weolcomed.
Thanks

MikePro

set a nozzle wash and power-down the machine overnight.
come back in the a.m., do a strong cleaning, and a fill up ink, and try a test print again.

if that doesn't work.... you may have broken the manifold between the damper/printhead or even simpler, an empty print cartridge thats still registering as useable.

JoeMedia

Thanks everyone for your input. I just pulled the black damper and it looks like it's leaking. I can't tell if it's the manifold or the damper but something isn't right. Anyone know what would cause them to fail? We've only run Mimaki ES3 inks since day one. I just ordered a new set of dampers from Grimco so hopefully that fixes the problem. Thanks again.
Joe

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Dampers are a consumable. They wear out and really should be replaced at least once a year. Same with the capping top.....

If the manifold is leaking then you have a bigger job to replace that. If that is cracked or damaged it must be replaced which requires removing the printhead itself.

JoeMedia

Thanks for the heads up Sightline. I'm looking closer at the black damper and I'm pretty sure that's the culprit. Fingers crossed.
Thanks again,
Joe