• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki not centering prints

Imminent Death

I apologize in advance if this is a Software thread.

We have a Mimaki JV3130SPII that's not wanting to print images in the center of our material.

Prime example: We get quite a few 3' tall banners in the shop, so we buy 38' rolls of scrim. In Onyx Postershop, all settings are set to where everything should print in the center of the material, giving us 1" worth of room on the edges to fold over the material and tape it off. Everything is fine and set correctly in Postershop, but when printing we usually get about 1.5" on one side of the print and about .5" on the other.

Are there any calibration settings with the Mimaki, or a certain place the roll holders need to be to get our prints dead center in on the material?

Again, sorry if this is software related... but there's nothing I could find in Postershop that would fix this.

Case

In Onyx, you must make a new page size named 38" roll or whatever you wanna name it.......Then when you tell it what the printable area is, you put in the number that it displays on your JV3 display after it measures the width of the roll...... so, if it says 36.29" for example, then you put that in. You can't just put 37.5" for what you say is a 38" roll.......It will never center it completely.......It's not the printer...It's all in the software settings......

Letterbox Mike

Yup... When we do a 3' banner on 38" material this is what we do (we use 1.5 banner tape btw)...

-Make the graphic 35" tall
-set onyx to print to the left of the page instead of the center
-tell onyx to offset the print .9" from the left, that will put the graphic pretty darn close to center on the 38" roll, close enough you won't need to trim the top and bottom.

I'm not sure what the graphic size or offset would need to be if you use 1" tape instead of 1.5".