• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help mimaki nozzel missing..

elitetech

hello.... I've tried everything and the entire row of cyan is not showing up.. Not even a hint of ink,,
I've left a solvent cleaner with a lint free cloth for a week and all the cleaning you can do and
still nata 0 zilch... any idea? outside cleaning ...
thank you

MikePro

empty ink cartridge? what mimaki model?
what specifically happened leading up to the issue?

post pics of nozzle check and condition of your printhead carriage & capping station and i'm sure there will be some ideas when we have somethign to work with.

elitetech

empty ink cartridge? what mimaki model?
what specifically happened leading up to the issue?

post pics of nozzle check and condition of your printhead carriage & capping station and i'm sure there will be some ideas when we have somethign to work with.
hi Mike,, if you have any idea is there any way I can call you,, please.. willing to pay for your time? just bought the printer in a perfect condition about a month.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
A photo of a nozzle check will probably help more than any phone call. How often did you clean it prior to any problems?

yannb

hello.... I've tried everything and the entire row of cyan is not showing up.. Not even a hint of ink,,
I've left a solvent cleaner with a lint free cloth for a week and all the cleaning you can do and
still nata 0 zilch... any idea? outside cleaning ...
thank you

You can perform a fill-up of the ink. It could be just air inside the tube.

MikePro

always willing to accept money, BUT I might have zero experience with your machine, i think....still uncertain what it is aside from a mimaki.
always willing to brainstorm issues for free on this forum, however.

besides, keeping the thread updated is helpful since others may be able to chime-in with better advice than I may have to offer.
I just enjoy diagnosing stuff, because puzzles are meant to be solved....and printers were designed to work :)

back to the OP, however, until I know what machine it is... the most common source of complete color dropout in a printhead could be a thousand things besides a gunky/clogged printhead: ink pump, ink line, damper, printhead, printhead manifold, capping station, wiper, etc. and that's even before you get to potential electrical issues like ribbon cables, encoder strip/sensor, boards, printhead , etc.
best way to start, is at the beginning.....
printer make/model?
when was the last time you remembered printing perfectly?
what happened between then & now? did you perform any of your own service work? unplug anything, fiddle with anything? head strikes or crashes? miss a few weeks of maintenance?

Last edited:

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
As MikePro has said, plenty of experienced people here willing to help, but we need the info MikePro has asked for.