Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help mimaki nozzel missing..

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by elitetech, Jun 15, 2020.

1. elitetech

elitetech Member

Dec 14, 2011
    MD
    hello.... I've tried everything and the entire row of cyan is not showing up.. Not even a hint of ink,,
    I've left a solvent cleaner with a lint free cloth for a week and all the cleaning you can do and
    still nata 0 zilch... any idea? outside cleaning ...
    thank you

Tags:
  2. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    empty ink cartridge? what mimaki model?
    what specifically happened leading up to the issue?

post pics of nozzle check and condition of your printhead carriage & capping station and i'm sure there will be some ideas when we have somethign to work with.

3. elitetech

elitetech Member

Dec 14, 2011
    MD
    hi Mike,, if you have any idea is there any way I can call you,, please.. willing to pay for your time? just bought the printer in a perfect condition about a month.

4. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    A photo of a nozzle check will probably help more than any phone call. How often did you clean it prior to any problems?

5. yannb

yannb Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Belgium
    You can perform a fill-up of the ink. It could be just air inside the tube.

6. jfiscus

jfiscus Map Wraster

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Yeah, a photo or two would show a LOT.

7. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    always willing to accept money, BUT I might have zero experience with your machine, i think....still uncertain what it is aside from a mimaki.
    always willing to brainstorm issues for free on this forum, however.

besides, keeping the thread updated is helpful since others may be able to chime-in with better advice than I may have to offer.
    I just enjoy diagnosing stuff, because puzzles are meant to be solved....and printers were designed to work :)

back to the OP, however, until I know what machine it is... the most common source of complete color dropout in a printhead could be a thousand things besides a gunky/clogged printhead: ink pump, ink line, damper, printhead, printhead manifold, capping station, wiper, etc. and that's even before you get to potential electrical issues like ribbon cables, encoder strip/sensor, boards, printhead , etc.
    best way to start, is at the beginning.....
    printer make/model?
    when was the last time you remembered printing perfectly?
    what happened between then & now? did you perform any of your own service work? unplug anything, fiddle with anything? head strikes or crashes? miss a few weeks of maintenance?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jim Hancock

Jim Hancock Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Delray Beach, Florida
    As MikePro has said, plenty of experienced people here willing to help, but we need the info MikePro has asked for.