• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Owners - what daily maintenance do you do on your printers?

WhatsYourSign?

Currently we do maintenance once we notice issues with our prints, but I've been reading that some do maintenance every day.

We've printed out the maintenance guide for our JV33-130 but there's a ton in there and it wouldn't be reasonable to do everything we see in there every day.

What sort of maintenance schedule do you follow with your printers? This could apply to any hardware vendor but I'm most interested in Mimaki.

Thanks in advance!

diltech

Hi,

We have two JV-33, JV-300, CJV-30 and before starting in the morning, I always do a regular cleaning before I start. If it work all day, that's enough. Once a week, I do a custody wash. If your printer works a lot every day, it's not a problem. Also for water-based inks, it's good in the morning to mix them before start.

Also, if you are in ECO-SOL, the maintenance is less important because the solvents are less damaging for the heads. On the other hand, for water-based inks, more frequent maintenance is more appropriate.
For solvent machines, I do not need to clean every day before starting work. I do a regular weekly maintenance. Instead, dust accumulation arround the head that must be removed manually two to three times a week, depending on your production. Hope this help

WhatsYourSign?

Hi,

We have two JV-33, JV-300, CJV-30 and before starting in the morning, I always do a regular cleaning before I start. If it work all day, that's enough. Once a week, I do a custody wash. If your printer works a lot every day, it's not a problem. Also for water-based inks, it's good in the morning to mix them before start.

Also, if you are in ECO-SOL, the maintenance is less important because the solvents are less damaging for the heads. On the other hand, for water-based inks, more frequent maintenance is more appropriate.
For solvent machines, I do not need to clean every day before starting work. I do a regular weekly maintenance. Instead, dust accumulation arround the head that must be removed manually two to three times a week, depending on your production. Hope this help

Thank you for your help!

We run eco-solvent so it sounds like daily maintenance is less necessary based on your experience...good to know!

HulkSmash

latex printer all day. I think we clean the fans like once a month. Takes 2 min. That's our maintenance.

gabagoo

On the jv3 130 spII mon wed and fri you just clean the wiper and clean around the capping station...drop some cleaning fluid in the caps and your done. Friday you add in a nozzle wash for 60 min and swing the head to the other side and clean all around them with a foam brush and cleaning fluid. Once a month I ran a diswash when I remembered. My printer is 12 years old now and have never changed a head. Still prints fine but something is wrong with the sensor on the wiper so I have to put it into a nozzle wash every night and kill the main power. Been doing this for well over 6 months and it still prints well. My cleaning regiment is much less due to the frequent nozzle washes

Shedawn

It depends on how much I am printing. Sometimes it’s every other day, sometimes it’s every 3-4 days. I have a Ujf-6042 mk11