• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki plotter settings

DoubleDown

Does anyone have any recommendations for settings (pressure, speed, etc) on materials using the CG-FX Mimaki plotters?

Thanks,

Chris

iSign

Does anyone have any recommendations for settings (pressure, speed, etc) on materials using the CG-FX Mimaki plotters?

Thanks,

Chris

I set the force to 30 for unlaminated 3651 prints, but 110 for laminated prints. I think my laminate is 3 mil, but I'm not sure.

DoubleDown

Where because I have read through the manual and it tells what ranges and types but does not give specifics on recommendations for settings..

GARY CULY

ok sorry wasnt trying to be an azzole there buddy i.. lookin here in book
CG -FX series
CT1 20 50 .030
CT2 20 70 .030 SOMETIMES BUMP PRESS TO 80,ive never went higher ,havent needed to

this is on mine right now and iused both today
CT1 settings for 3651 and 3M IJ180C NO LAMINATE!
CT2 settings for 3651 WITH 210 ORACAL LAM
AND 3M IJ180C WITH ORACAL 290 LAM

now that 290 lam isnt recomended for 180 3m ,specialy for curved sufaces ..i use it works fine on sides of vans ,dirt cars ,,etc ..everybody uses different combinations .im just telling you what i know these settings will cut through very good

sorry for bad vibe on first post

DoubleDown

No worries...didn't think you were being an arsehole at all.

And I saw those settings in the book but I thought those were just examples of how to set different settings...not the actual starting points in general? I appreciate the help and will try it out.

Thanks,

Chris