• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Print Head Trouble

Artist369

As you can see in the attached photo the black head isnt printing right. The problem started when the black pump assembly broke. I replaced it, tried multiple cleanings, but no difference. Any advice?
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20150323_125719508.jpg
    IMG_20150323_125719508.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 415

jfiscus

Rap Master
Good news! After you replace that black head your prints will be perfect again!
Bad news - I think that is a fatal problem I see...

MikePro

assuming no major head-strikes recently.... you've definitely got gummed-up printhead.
have you tried an overnight nozzle-wash?

just to confirm what you did, what did you fix/replace when the "black pump assembly" broke?
capping station? pump?

Artist369

I replaced the capping station and the pump. I havent tried an over night nozzle wash. Is there a chance that could actually work?

MikePro

I replaced the capping station and the pump. I havent tried an over night nozzle wash. Is there a chance that could actually work?

yes. at least I'd start there before diving-into head replacement right away.
clean everything, set nozzle-wash (99min), power-down & unplug machine from wall (this bypasses machines automatic cleaning cycle, and allows heads to keep soaking indefinitely in the solution you filled capping station with.

also, do you have foam-swabs? completely saturate a foam swab with cleaning solution and give the printhead a single-wipe in the direction the wiper normally makes contact with the printhead. gently, and do not scrub or reuse the same swab for multiple wipes. this will pickup anything else that simply soaking could not break-down. run another quick nozzle-wash after this, and even a fill-up-ink on the black printhead (to cycle fresh ink into the printhead) and post your newly recovered test print.
i'd bet $$$ that you'll have recovered at least 80% of your nozzles, and all you have to do is repeat until it is fully cleared-up. (assuming you were printing at 100% prior to this issue)

shifil_mimak

if none of the mentioned procedures works,,,then better do one thing,,
you cab swap the print head with the nearest one & give a FILLUP,,,a cleaning too..
then go for a tst draw,,,if the problem changes the position thn its better to change that particular print head,, bcoz i belive it hav physical damage with the nozzles which is very dificult to see with ur bare eyes,,,,all the very best,,thnx :)