• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki print test problem

Chairman44

Please friends, my Mimaki swj320s4 have some nozzles not coming and have tried all my best
and still no improvement ,please needs some help.
Thanks friends.

Attachments

• IMG_20150211_090552.jpg
    IMG_20150211_090552.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,973

jfiscus

Rap Master
I am not that familiar with that Mimaki model, but I will try to help.
Post up a picture of your capping station please, I think I see your main problem.

Also, did you just buy this printer, did you verify the nozzle check beforehand?
Or, was this printer operating fine "yesterday", and now this mystery overnight?
A bit of backstory is very helpful. What all have you tried so far to fix this problem?

shifil_mimak

you can try an air purge for the missing colors & make sure it have free flow to the outer.
If there is proper free flow,,then it cud be only the caping station or the head data cable have some issues,,may be capping not seated properly or no suction from the pump,,or the head cable not fixed firmly on the slider pcb above the whole head carriage,,,,
most likely the capping placement & the pump,,,,gud luck,

Chairman44

Capping Station

Please this is the capping station, and this problem came when the machine was left without printing for 2weeks
because of ink shortage in my area, and after the 2weeks this blocking of ink flow came.I thought after printing for sometime it will come but still no improvement. Have done ink purge several times.
So I was wondering if is possible to flash the heads will cleaning solvent.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20150223_101419.jpg
    IMG_20150223_101419.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 440

AnimalG82

I am not familiar with this model either, but it looks like if you did an overnight head soak in cleaning solution, it would definitely help. Not sure what if its called the same thing, but on mine you do a custody wash where you clean the wiper blade, then fill the capping station ink docks with cleaning solution. Set the time for an hour or whatever, after the heads dock, shut off the machine. This includes turning off the main power switch so it doesn't run cycles while its off.

MikePro

assuming there were no head strikes along the way, it looks like your nozzles are a bit gummed-up.
clean everything: capping station, wiper blade, sides of printheads, etc. THEN soak overnight. I do not know if that model has a "nozzle wash", but if it does then run it and power-down/unplug the machine for the night.
....and then repeat in the a.m.

Clem

ive had this problem before, it was a hit & miss for recovering the heads though.
I'd try a nozzle wash first then soaking the heads, pretty standard procedure.. when it was as bad as yours looks it was usually time for new heads though:/
also check that the heads are 100% aligned with the capping station too, ours was out by a very small amount but it was enough to allow the heads to dry out and have the problem re-occur after a day or two of inactivity..

jfiscus

Rap Master
Are there any screw heads in the path of travel that your heads take? The straight swipe across the magenta/cyan/black really looks like an indication of a head strike or collision with an object. Our Mimakis would occasionally park incorrectly and get similar head damage, I changed out the capping station screws with flush mount heads and have not had the problem reoccur since.

shifil_mimak

LOCAL - FUNCTION - MAINTANENCE - STATION MAINTNCE - CARRIAGE OUT - ENTER

Then take the machine carriage to the left most purging area, then visually check the bottom side of the PrintHead for any scratches or any nozzle damage. If yes,,then go for a print head replacement & also find out the root cause of this physical damage & shoot the cause.

And my friend I believ that if you can identify a free flow of ink from the print head while doing ink purge, then it means head nozzles are just OKAY. Then the problem may be from the pump / capping / or else bcoz of the improper ink flow from the subtank to the head.

Better you can check the ink level in the subtank just behind the carriage. Gud Luck.
Give mind to post here if you find a solution. It will be something good for us to have knowledge on these thing.
Plse share the info. Thanks in advance. :)