• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki printer help

xtreme872

mimaki cjv150-130.. Started with orange going out. replaced cap didnt change.. it was going and coming.. few days laster cyan and magenta start acting up.. then went to nothing on test print. replaced orange damper and cyan/magenta.. did ink charge... ink at damper still nothing? any help?

Impact1

Wide Format Technical Solutions
When you replaced the cap did you transfer over the air port stopper from the old cap to the new cap? The cap bottom has three ports. Two connect to the waste tank and washing liquid tubing. The third should be capped off.

If that all looks good inspect the face of the print head for damage. Also, you may want to verify the new dampers are pushed all the way down and snapped in correctly.

xtreme872

They are snapped in good. Head looks fine. I couldn’t find the blue piece so I super glued it up from the bottom

Impact1

Ok, so you didn’t have the stopper on the cap. Run a normal ink fill from the maintenance menu and you should be good. Then run another nozzle test print pattern.

Impact1

Run a strong cleaning and take a look between the head and cap. During the cleaning can you see the cap filling with ink? How old is the printer? Original head?

Could be a bad head cable or bad head. Seems electrical since you are getting zero nozzles. Currently when you run the test print pattern your missing all nozzles on all 8 channels right?

xtreme872

Yes. Printer 3.5 years old original head I don’t think the ink is filling. I manual engaged the cartridges to flow ink and have ink dripping out dampers but nothing on nozzle print

Impact1

In cases like this where it appears the problem is electrical I would check for head damage using a voltage meter.

You can check the TP points of CN3 & CN4 of the slider board for abnormal resistance. Each silver contact point should read pretty much the same. This will most likely confirm that you need to replace the print head.

(Touch each Test point with the positive end of the voltage meter. Make sure the negative side is grounded or touching a part of the metal frame if the printer)

Attachments

• 0FCE7CBC-EC79-4975-AD0C-AB57E36DEF44.jpeg
    0FCE7CBC-EC79-4975-AD0C-AB57E36DEF44.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 94

xtreme872

gave me a system 187 fault when i came in this morning.. I cut off and cut back on now it wont boot up it stops

Impact1

Now your slider board is damaged. Most likely because of the head. Your going to need to run or have someone run the resistance test from my last post to confirm this. But, it looking like a head & a slider board.

xtreme872

I had a nasty power surge at the time I lost all colors could this have caused it? My original problem was just orange and I believe was damper. After popping power surge I lost it all

Impact1

Oh wow yes that would definitely cause it. You may what to get a technician on-site. Do you have one in your area?