• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki printers - Maintenance required when not in use?

k_graham

If one buys a Mimaki CJV30 - can you leave it a day, week, month without it drying up and ruining the print heads etc. Is there an automated cycle where it will do a cleaning line every day, perhaps on weekends when not in use.

Is dealer maintenance required or is pretty much everything able to be done by user, we would be 2 hours flight time from any dealer.

Are inks damaged if frozen in shipping like latex paint is.

Thanks, Ken

Vinylman

Ken:

Most of your questions "SHOULD" be asked of the vendor selling the equipment. After all they are paid to answer the pre purchase questions. Ask the seller.

And YES inks will be damaged if frozen. To what extend I don't know, but am sure I would not recommend using frozen inks.

If one buys a Mimaki CJV30 - can you leave it a day, week, month without it drying up and ruining the print heads etc. Is there an automated cycle where it will do a cleaning line every day, perhaps on weekends when not in use.

Is dealer maintenance required or is pretty much everything able to be done by user, we would be 2 hours flight time from any dealer.

Are inks damaged if frozen in shipping like latex paint is.

Thanks, Ken
Any solvent ink printer performs best when used often and resularly, and extended periods of non-use is a bad thing. Most solvent printer manufacturers recommend at least printing a nozzle test each day in order to keep the ink moving just a little bit in the ink train. Most solvent printers should also be left powered on to allow for automated cleanings to occur.

k_graham

Any solvent ink printer performs best when used often and resularly, and extended periods of non-use is a bad thing. Most solvent printer manufacturers recommend at least printing a nozzle test each day in order to keep the ink moving just a little bit in the ink train. Most solvent printers should also be left powered on to allow for automated cleanings to occur.

If left on so automated cleanings occurs would that suffice over a long weekend?

The plus to the Mimaki would be its ability to print and cut vs the HP which requires a separate cutter. I know its a debate over which is better but I can't help thinking it would be easier to sample print and cut using an all in one machine rather than reloading to another and then finding some issue with the cutting. However the Mimaki sales literature seems to indicate that to do printing followed by immediate cutting one needs to use the straight solvent printer.

If running a straight solvent Mimaki have you used the fume cover attachment for ventilation?

Also if running straight solvent inks can you print on regular paper or what is the cheapest?

Thanks,

Ken