Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mimaki Problem

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by livoniasigns, Feb 28, 2008.

Tags:
  1. livoniasigns

livoniasigns Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Hi All,
    Been using a Mimaki JV3 with virtually no problems until yesterday. Towards the end of a print I notice the heater lights go off. No error on display. Flipped heat switch, re-booted printer, sent a new print. As it was warming up, lights go off. Display said "breakage" called tech support, thinks it might be the heater board (cant remember the actual name of it) I will get the part tomorrow.
    But I was wondering has anybody else ever had this problem?

Thx

Tags:
  2. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    Sorry, I've never heard of that one. Keep us updated when you find something out, though. Have you tried the Mimaki Yahoo Group?

3. IDEOGRAMMA

IDEOGRAMMA New Member

Sep 21, 2012
    same problem

hello, i have just had the exact same problem.

What was wrong for you and how did you fix it?

4. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I had that issue early on and was under warranty. I will assume the board was changed and have never seen it again

5. Tekkie1

Tekkie1 Tekkie of Many Things

Apr 27, 2012
    Australia
    It will most probably be the relays on the heater/power supply board.
    source them locally 24v 5A , make sure the pins are the same distance apart as the originals or they wont solder in.
    I have done several now..
    Tekkie1:thumb:

6. genericname

genericname Active Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Canada
    :thread

Just running into this issue myself, with the print heat hitting the target, but the pre heater showing "breakage" in remote mode, and never gaining a degree. I've eliminated fuses, wiring, and the elements as the possible cause.

Tekkie1, how did you originally determine that the relays were the culprit? Can anyone chime in with any other tests I can run?

7. genericname

genericname Active Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Canada
    Well I can use a drink. Good thing I'm cutting back on coffee, because normally, I'd be in the mood to put a hole in the wall instead.

8 hours later, I've eliminated the fuses, wiring, IO2 board, switch, main power, elements, circuit bridge, and thermostats. The only thing left in common with the rest of the system at this point, is the electrician. On a lark, I plug the heaters' power cable into a new mains, and voilà! Registering properly, hitting the targeted temperature, and not showing any errors. :banghead:

Ah well, learned the wiring for the JV3 inside and out. Good thing it was a slow day.