• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki rollers leaving marks on reflective vinyl

gabagoo

I am printing some decals on a supplied 3M white reflective and everytime the material sits for as little as a few minutes and then you advance it forward the rubber wheels leave black marks in the vinyl!!!

I never get this with any of my material I run through, including reflective..... any idea why this is happening just on this stuff?

In fact on a the black printed area I can see the marks through the black at every point the machine moved while printing...so every 1/4"

very unusual

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
whatare you cleaning your rollers with? and the levers in the back should be on the higher(lighter setting)

-in a need of a vaca!!!

JBusch260

Have you looked at the rollers up close? I've been having major issues lately with my pinch rollers leaving marks in the print. Turns out my rollers had flat marks, most likely from the previous printer occupant. Is there any discoloration on your roller wheels themselves?

gabagoo

humidity is about 50%, but like I said, I have never had this happen on my digital material, so I am thinking it is somehow related to this reflective material