Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mimaki Set SS1-INK?

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by ktwigger, Jan 27, 2020.

1. ktwigger

ktwigger New Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Charlotte, NC
    Hey all, it's been a long week and it's only Monday....

I am having an issue with my Mimaki JV-130 SPII that I have not experienced before. We ran a head wash after experiencing some severe clogging (we got a HP and now our Mimaki unfortunately sits without being used for weeks at a time) and since my coworker and I are not well versed in the user's manual, and we experienced a request to "Set Clean Tool", we couldn't figure out what that meant and turned the printer off, thinking it would just reset. This was not the case. It's now asking for us to select the ink type, so I select Sol-4Color, and then it asks to "Set SS1-INK". It will not let me select anything, and the only button that does anything is the end button, which only goes back to the select ink type. Turning the printer off and on only returns it to this same menu. My inks are also now all reading at -1% in the RIP program. I've searched through the user manual and nothing is working. Please help if you can!

Tags:
  2. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    Are you using third party inks?

3. ktwigger

ktwigger New Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Charlotte, NC
    Yes. Boss made the switch because they were cheaper. It's the 2020 Color 42 Series inks.

4. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    If there are chips on the ink cartridges you might need to switch them out. I have experienced the odd issue with chips telling me different things when it was not true. I have not seen this set clean tool ever in all the time I had my jv3. You said ss1 inks, My Mimaki used ss2...I wonder if that is the issue?