• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Set SS1-INK?

ktwigger

Hey all, it's been a long week and it's only Monday....

I am having an issue with my Mimaki JV-130 SPII that I have not experienced before. We ran a head wash after experiencing some severe clogging (we got a HP and now our Mimaki unfortunately sits without being used for weeks at a time) and since my coworker and I are not well versed in the user's manual, and we experienced a request to "Set Clean Tool", we couldn't figure out what that meant and turned the printer off, thinking it would just reset. This was not the case. It's now asking for us to select the ink type, so I select Sol-4Color, and then it asks to "Set SS1-INK". It will not let me select anything, and the only button that does anything is the end button, which only goes back to the select ink type. Turning the printer off and on only returns it to this same menu. My inks are also now all reading at -1% in the RIP program. I've searched through the user manual and nothing is working. Please help if you can!

gabagoo

If there are chips on the ink cartridges you might need to switch them out. I have experienced the odd issue with chips telling me different things when it was not true. I have not seen this set clean tool ever in all the time I had my jv3. You said ss1 inks, My Mimaki used ss2...I wonder if that is the issue?