• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki take up roll never shuts off

gabagoo

Why does the take up roll have an off on switch? You press it, it stops until you let go of the button, then it starts again.... makes no sense...but I see in the control screen you can turn it off...but if you do it never turns on... How stupid is this?
Day 3 of the new printer and I have to say the print quality is superb compared to my old jv3.... No drying fans and no exhaust setup so now it really stinks in here, but I do have an exhaust fan mounted to suck it out through the roof, and I see 4 ports on the back of the printer I can hook into a couple.

Then something is possibly wrong because when you click the on /off button on our CJV 150-130 it turns off and stays off until you go to cut the media off of the roll.

gabagoo

Not according to Mimaki USA . I called and was told it does not turn off, which is not the end of the world, I juts don't like it rotating when not in use

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
In my experience the take-up only rolls when a job is printing/cutting or if you scroll the media forward it will roll until you allow it to go back to it's origin point. You should be able to change how it works though. In the Setup menu there should be a sub menu for the Take-Up settings. In there you can fiddle around and see if it does what you want. I honestly never mess with those settings so can't help much but they are there if you feel like dialing it in to your liking.

rjssigns

The one in the lab doesn't shut off either. Annoying to have media flapping around when you're trying to print a small job.

TUR on my Mutoh needs two things to function. It has to be turned on and the dancer bar has to "see" enough slack to activate.

nlnickolatos

You should be able to shut it off as you need, though many functions of the printer will cause it to reactivate - adjusting feed position, sending a new job, mounting a new roll, etc.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yeah that should not run all the time. It only runs when needed on our JV150 but yes, it is a bit different than the old style on the JV33 and JV3 machines. I wonder if there is a firmware issue or something?