• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Technitian Wanted

WrapperX

Does anyone on here know of a GOOD Mimaki Technitian (in/from/around Illinois - Chicago) that they would recommend? We're having some problems on our JV3 160SP and I've exhausted all of the knowledge that I know as a user.

If you're interested in my current problem referance "Problems with the Cyan head..." post. Although, I've gotten some good advice from those who have replied to the post, I am at a point and a time crunch where the work just needs to get done by someone who knows what they are doing with out hesitation.

Our "dealers" have proven to be less then compitant with their Tech advice and therefore I feel less sure of having them come out to us to service the machine. Please if anyone knows ANYONE, please reply! Thanks.

:thankyou:

petesign

Tubelite here has a very good one, I don't know what they would charge you to send him up there, but they also have some good guys working in Charlotte, NC.

WrapperX

Probably only looking for an IL local one. Don't want to pay for travel expenses other then car milage I'm guessing.

WrapperX

Where did you buy it? I'd recommend Advantage. Pretty sure they have someone in Chicago.

We bought it from Pitman/Charrette. We know people over at Advantage - thats Advantage Sign Supply I'm guessing.

Again we don't want just some ordinary tech. We have dealt with the ordinary techs. They have been less then reliable. And for whatever reason we can't get our usual guy out of Mimaki. (Called his number, punched in his ext. and it tells me I'm being transferred to him and then it abrubtly tells me that the ext. is not valid - I am slightly fearful that he may have been let go. YIKES!)

Not only that, but when we called Mimaki, they told us that we have to go through OUR dealer and the DEALER has to contact mimaki - if and when the dealer sees fit - WTF is up with that??

Anyways, this brings me back to you people. We need a local technitian who KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. not some noob who can read out of a manual.

Thanks again!!

Case

We bought it from Pitman/Charrette. We know people over at Advantage - thats Advantage Sign Supply I'm guessing.

Again we don't want just some ordinary tech. We have dealt with the ordinary techs. They have been less then reliable. And for whatever reason we can't get our usual guy out of Mimaki. (Called his number, punched in his ext. and it tells me I'm being transferred to him and then it abrubtly tells me that the ext. is not valid - I am slightly fearful that he may have been let go. YIKES!)

Not only that, but when we called Mimaki, they told us that we have to go through OUR dealer and the DEALER has to contact mimaki - if and when the dealer sees fit - WTF is up with that??

Anyways, this brings me back to you people. We need a local technitian who KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. not some noob who can read out of a manual.

Thanks again!!

I guess the ordinary techs are from Pitman then... Better buy your machines from someone else...

Case

WrapperX

Thanks for all your advice, we will be looking into the guys (and gals) at Advantage if this problem presists. Right now, I think I have isolated the problem to a situation that I can deal with (Thank you Artbot) for the help!
Thank you all for your suggestions.