Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Product Mimaki UCJV

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Mitch Lines, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Mitch Lines

Mitch Lines New Member

Aug 26, 2020
    BRISTOL, UK
    Absolutely disgusting after-service from Hybrid Services & I-Sub Limited. No interest in fixing problems until your out of warranty, extremely uneducated staff with little knowledge, Bunch of print salesmen, i wouldn't expect any more from hybrid as they send the expert down for setup and the idiot for troubleshooting. Don't waste your money i wish i went to Roland UK where they actually have facilities you can go to.

#mimaki #hybridservices #ucjv #mimakiprinters #mimakiucjv #isubltd #isubltd

2. White Haus

White Haus Formally known as RJPW..........

Apr 6, 2018
    Winnipeg
    What exactly happened with the UCJV? Aside from getting lousy service from your dealer?

3. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Are you still having issues with the double cut?

Are all the other issues user error?

4. InkHead

InkHead New Member

Apr 5, 2020
    Orlando
    I've had the UCJV300 since August and haven't had any real issues at all.

I see iPrintStuff mentioned double cut. If by double cut you mean it cuts around the contour line twice before moving on to the next cut item, I did have that issue once on 1 artwork created in Illustrator. So I just compared the cut line settings from a good cut file and found that the cut-line stroke was different. So what I do now, is make sure the "stroke" is set to 1pt. "Variable width profile" is set to Uniform and "Brush Definition" is set to Basic.

That fixed the problem and never had the issue happen again.