• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki ucjv300-130 production questions

True

Mvwjs4k0

zVDTzMdz

cr5tsJgh

Currently 1200x1200 44 pass
This part is both very fine detailed small writing and at same time its majority white. It is currently printing 50 x 2 so 100 pieces in roughly 24 hours. Are these settings the only way to achieve the fine details of the part or Can this be speeded up with less passes or different settings of some kind? Maintaining the quality Is priority but id like to find out if its possible to speed up production. The only way i can think of is to not uv print the white and after it prints just screenprinting the white flood last, any suggestions?

True

I can't tell if those images work, so here they are again.

Attachments

• AA4CD7E0-66B8-4A5B-A06B-07BFF8049ED4.jpeg
    AA4CD7E0-66B8-4A5B-A06B-07BFF8049ED4.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 183
  • 282FBC91-74E7-47F4-AD39-EAB60318A056.jpeg
    282FBC91-74E7-47F4-AD39-EAB60318A056.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 172

True

A few more pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 151
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 154
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 158

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
44 pass is very high. I'd try to find a profile that is closer to 24 pass or lower if you can get away with it. Also, that profile is also set to standard speed. You should be able to go into the RIP and change it to high speed which will make the motor move faster but you'll have to decide if the quality is still good enough for you. Make sure you get your drop position alignment spot on as that will give you th ebest chance for crisp prints even at higher speeds.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I don’t own one of these so just a couple ideas;

drop passes and try uni directional print? You don’t need to worry about alignment then.

print as normal then flood with white after.

Or, we we did for similar decals today; reverse print on clear, printing the summa cutter marks (or whatever you prefer) cut a bit of white vinyl that just covers the print but not the marks. Mount white vinyl over the top and voila.

These don’t look *that* detailed at all so 44 passes is definitely way too high.

True

so the really the small white writing on the blue cards is like the size of your name on the front of a bank card thats not considered "that" detailed? were running the parts onto a take up roll with hundreds on it, when you say flood after are you saying screenprint or back on the mamaki uv printer somehow just printing the white?

True

thank you very much. The small white writing on the blue cards is very small like 6-8pt font id guess, do you think 24 pass on high speed could still produce the crisp quality? basically im trying to speed things up but not sacrifice any quality.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
thank you very much. The small white writing on the blue cards is very small like 6-8pt font id guess, do you think 24 pass on high speed could still produce the crisp quality? basically im trying to speed things up but not sacrifice any quality.

Why not spend 5 minutes and test out different passes/settings? Only you can see and determine what will be acceptable quality.

True

Why not spend 5 minutes and test out different passes/settings? Only you can see and determine what will be acceptable quality.
Im in the middle of a hundred plus 24 hour plus run, Everything is working perfect right now, just running slow so I hate to stop it. To play around with the settings. Also white is on backorder. And I don't know when they're going to have more. It's been saying 10%. For half the day. So I plan on running as many as I can until the white runs out. Probably will have to screenprint the white flood for second half of order next week if white is still backordered. Thanks again for the input

Attachments

• 4342A63F-175B-4FE6-89CB-31B0FCD76411.jpeg
    4342A63F-175B-4FE6-89CB-31B0FCD76411.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 153

True

so the really the small white writing on the blue cards is like the size of your name on the front of a bank card thats not considered "that" detailed? were running the parts onto a take up roll with hundreds on it, when you say flood after are you saying screenprint or back on the mamaki uv printer somehow just printing the white?

True

I don’t own one of these so just a couple ideas;

drop passes and try uni directional print? You don’t need to worry about alignment then.

print as normal then flood with white after.

Or, we we did for similar decals today; reverse print on clear, printing the summa cutter marks (or whatever you prefer) cut a bit of white vinyl that just covers the print but not the marks. Mount white vinyl over the top and voila.

These don’t look *that* detailed at all so 44 passes is definitely way too high.

Attachments

• 63877283-D390-4C22-94F7-528F04381D5B.jpeg
    63877283-D390-4C22-94F7-528F04381D5B.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 171