• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki UCJV300-160 - Print/Cut File Layout Help

Kimberly Hiles

DarkerKat
Hi All, we have a UCJV300-160 from Mimaki and we've never been able to get the print/cut function to work from files we lay out. We're using Rasterlink tools in illustrator - setting up files with Printed art on one layer, CutContour Spot color paths on another layer for cutting, saved as EPS like the guides instruct, but when pulled into Rasterlink it's not recognizing the cut layer. Is there a trick to setting these files up? If anyone has one of these printers and successfully runs Print/Cut files setup from AI could give us some pointers it would be really appreciated, I'm not sure what we're doing wrong.
The company we purchased the printer from & Mimaki support have both been a dead ends, they just keep sending links to youtube videos (I've watched and followed every one I can find, with no success.) We have no issues printing with the special color plates (white & clear ink) but no luck with the cut paths.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
How are you bringing it into Rasterlink? If you're using the FineCut plug-in you need to designate the cut layer even if you have the spot color set before sending the job to the hot folder. If you just open the file in Rasterlink it should work the way you're already setup though.

Kimberly Hiles

DarkerKat
How are you bringing it into Rasterlink? If you're using the FineCut plug-in you need to designate the cut layer even if you have the spot color set before sending the job to the hot folder. If you just open the file in Rasterlink it should work the way you're already setup though.
We don't have the FineCut plug-in, just rasterlink tools. I tried installing the FineCut trial but rasterlink tools seemed to have what I needed?
I'm just opening the EPS files in rasterlink - when i open the test file from mimaki it identifies the cut layer, but for the files I output from AI it doesn't.

Attachments

• RasterlinkTools.PNG
    RasterlinkTools.PNG
    140.9 KB · Views: 74

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
We don't have the FineCut plug-in, just rasterlink tools. I tried installing the FineCut trial but rasterlink tools seemed to have what I needed?
I'm just opening the EPS files in rasterlink - when i open the test file from mimaki it identifies the cut layer, but for the files I output from AI it doesn't.
For some reason I've never used Rasterlink tools. I always just open them directly in Rasterlink. This might not be it but try unlocking the cut layer. It's locked in your picture so maybe it's preventing it from being saved in the file. Does the cut line show up in the print preview in Rasterlink?

Kimberly Hiles

DarkerKat
For some reason I've never used Rasterlink tools. I always just open them directly in Rasterlink. This might not be it but try unlocking the cut layer. It's locked in your picture so maybe it's preventing it from being saved in the file. Does the cut line show up in the print preview in Rasterlink?
Sorry for the slow reply, I've tried both of these methods with no luck. Our production team seems to think I need to add registration marks in AI, but I'm not sure, will keep messing around with it.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Try sending it as a PDF instead. I'm also thinking that maybe your EPS save settings have some sort of option that is called something like, "Convert spot colors to ... something." If you see anything like that, make sure to uncheck it. It sounds like the spot color is just getting lost in the mix somewhere.