• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki UCJV300-160 Wrong ink color

cnysigns

Hello all,

We just got new ink chips, all worked except the 2 whites. During inital setup of this machine I remember the tech doing some "magic" in settings to get the white to work. Now we can replace the inks. Does anyone know how to change the
"ink set" or "ink color" in the machine settings?

We appreciate you!,
Stephen and Wayne Hesler-Mondore
HM Design
hmprintdesign.com

Smoke_Jaguar

Are all ink chips the same type, such as LUS170/175/200? As far as "not worked" is there something useful such as an error message to go off of? Could be about a dozen or so things, mismatched chips, expired chips, wrong ink set configured, etc.

cnysigns

The inks were mismatched by the installer... 1 white is 170, the other 200. Using expired chips replacement from online. Error is "ink color"

thank you for your help.

Smoke_Jaguar

From the service manual on that error, shows all the conditions that will trigger it.

Attachments

• INK_COLOR.png
    INK_COLOR.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 52

Stickered Up

Hello all,

We just got new ink chips, all worked except the 2 whites. During inital setup of this machine I remember the tech doing some "magic" in settings to get the white to work. Now we can replace the inks. Does anyone know how to change the
"ink set" or "ink color" in the machine settings?

We appreciate you!,
Stephen and Wayne Hesler-Mondore
HM Design
hmprintdesign.com
Did you get this sorted at all?
I have 2 new bottles with genuine chips and they are doing the same.
Getting the wrong ink colour message

Smoke_Jaguar

Might just be a batch of mis-programmed chips. If your chips are empty but still in date, can still use them usually.