• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki UJF-3042FX adhesion issue

Mike101

I'm using a Mimaki UJF 3042FX with the LF-140 ink cartridges. We have had the printer for over 2 years now without any major issues. A couple of days ago after printing we noticed the print can easily be scratched off. It started happening in the middle of the day where the items in the morning are great and we can scratch hard with no loss but since then everything can be scratched off. We did not change any settings to the printer or ink cartridges.

We reached out to the support team where we got the printer and they suggested increasing the UV illumination. I increased it all the way up to 3 passes at 120% but the same issue is still happening. They seem to be out of ideas.

Superior_Adam

Depending on the material being printed on you could have a bad batch. Try an adhesion promoter and see if that helps. Are you cleaning the material before printing? We have been running a 6042 and 3042 for about 7 years and have not had adhesion issues except on some glass at times. We are running the LH-100 inks.