• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki UJF-3042HG doesn't like its cartridges, intermittently.

DesignCreate

Hello Signs101! I'm hoping to find a savvy user of the Mimaki UJF-3042 or equivalent. The firmware is 3.10 running Rasterlink Pro 5ip. The inks are LH-200. The problem is with the ink cartridges. I printed on it a few days ago and had a good piece with no ink issues. Today on the local screen it's showing that the C and a W cartridges have a problem. I'm not sure where to go with it as the Cyan cartridge has not expired yet. The same problem happened a few days ago so I pulled each cartridge out and wiped down the chips and it cleared the code. Any help is greatly appreciated as I am new to machine and the forum.

Attachments

• CWink.jpg
    CWink.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 417

Tipgypsy

Make sure your cartridges are aligned in the slots properly, Make sure they are pushed in and seated , Clean the chip contacts and make sure they are not damaged . Pull the cartridges and inspect the contact boards / wires in the back of the cartridge slots . They should all look the same and not be damaged . If you use the 600 ml reusable cartridges make sure your chips are mounted securely but not air wrench tight . Those are the easy things to check before you try new cartridges or chips .

vsdesigner

Hello DesignCreate, I have the same problem, I already cleaned the chips, but it didn't solve it, and it gives me error 12e :(