• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki ujf 3042HG printing blurry and out of position

imrtstc

I have been having an issue lately with my 3042HG printing blurry and drifting out of position. It even prints out of the image area. Any ideas?

LPunker

Same problem here

I have the exact same problem.
Even when I do nozzle and head cleaning, I still blurry print on the material.

shifil_mimak

try to adjust the head height some like 2mm...also try to control the ink density from the software,,,,,also make a good cleaning on the y encoder strip,,,,thnx.

guato

i dont have a flatbed, looking for it, (maybe MIMAKI ujf 3042FX or Roland) but encoding stripe (soft press) cleaning needs on normal large printer when that happend.

JOHN LLOYD

Mimaki ujf-3042fx

Hi We are a company in North Wales and have had the above machine for nearly 4 years.
Recently we have had problems getting a good test print and are being advised that we need a new head or heads but we are not convinced.
We also now have problems with satellite spraying and the white colour not being a true white but an off white.
Have any members got older machines or do they consider it is worth spending or replacing. We are printing on natural Welsh slate and have used on average 20 hours a week
If anybody has got one of these machine in the UK we would like to have a general chat and compare problems

John LlOYD

Glenn586

Just sent you a pm John

QUOTE=JOHN LLOYD;1271638]Hi We are a company in North Wales and have had the above machine for nearly 4 years.
Recently we have had problems getting a good test print and are being advised that we need a new head or heads but we are not convinced.
We also now have problems with satellite spraying and the white colour not being a true white but an off white.
Have any members got older machines or do they consider it is worth spending or replacing. We are printing on natural Welsh slate and have used on average 20 hours a week
If anybody has got one of these machine in the UK we would like to have a general chat and compare problems

John LlOYD[/QUOTE]

juki

Mimaki ujf-3042fx

Hi We are a company in North Wales and have had the above machine for nearly 4 years.

John LlOYD
Hi
If you still need help let me know

itfben

sorry to drag up an old thread, my 3042 is grainy, the test prints isn't perfect but id still expect a clearer print. I actually get a better print on dark slate than white foamex/vinyl covered foamex, maybe due to the primary white layer of ink on the dark slate prints but still think my print quality using only genuine mimaki inks should be much better for a small format machines.

I also have a similar experience the whites sometimes appear my off white than true white?

thoughts?

Jerry - IDS

sorry to drag up an old thread, my 3042 is grainy, the test prints isn't perfect but id still expect a clearer print. I actually get a better print on dark slate than white foamex/vinyl covered foamex, maybe due to the primary white layer of ink on the dark slate prints but still think my print quality using only genuine mimaki inks should be much better for a small format machines.

I also have a similar experience the whites sometimes appear my off white than true white?

thoughts?

Post a photo of your nozzle test. If you are dealing with an over abundance of nozzle deflections then you will experience what may look like a grainy print.