Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions Mimaki UJF-6042 MkII vs Mutoh XperJet 661UF

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by ArSr, Nov 18, 2020.

1. ArSr

ArSr New Member

Nov 17, 2020
    Thailand
    Hi, I'm newbie and want to start a new business with my family.

Which's one is better between Mimaki UJF604sMK2 and Mutoh XperJet 661UF?

I know the Mimaki is higher price. How about the software, quality , color and others?

To print the mobile case, Ipad Case , Name plate on desk , Aluminium sheet and Metal Box.

Thank you

2. Sindex Printing

Sindex Printing Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Sparks
    Me personally it really depends on the service and availability that you have to a tech, ink and parts when needed. I lean towards Mutoh because of the tech that I have available in my area. A vendor that i have carrys the ink on their shelf in town and another vendor is 2 days out.The us11 ink that we use on our 1638uh sticks to everything without adhesion promoters. The one thing that I have noticed running the 1638uh is the humidity level needs to be consistent and I have it running through a battery backup as a power filter and made a huge difference in reliability.

When I looked into the mimaki products they seemed to be built comparably built to the mutoh line just never had very good response when asking for samples or getting questions answered. I do know other people that have had great experiences.

Hope this helps.
    Feel free to reach out anytime on the Mutoh UV and I will help as much as I can.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ArSr

ArSr New Member

Nov 17, 2020
    Thailand
    Than you for your suggestion.