• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki USA Ink Cartridge Recycling Program

fmg

Just thought I would share this with everyone.
It is a PDF document and has instructions on how to recycle the carts.

Attachments

• Mimaki USA Ink Cartridge Recycling Program (1).pdf
    410.8 KB · Views: 597

Vinylman

Recycling cartridges

So?

Mimaki wants us to save the bags, insert the used carts WITH chips attached, pay for the shipping?

And what is in it for us?

gabagoo

I agree with the statement..."SO?"

Mimaki wants me to save 20 of these containers and then I have to save all my bags and put them back in and seal them and on top of that I will assume that Mimaki USA wants us (not me , I'm in Canada) to pay for the shipping of these back to them and in the end whats in it for us? (not me , I'm in Canada)

I have a better idea.... How about i dump them off at my dealer and he can do all that stuff seeing that they are the ones making the money on ink.

At least Duracoat sold you replacement cartridges for the Edge foils at a discount!!!

fmg

Wow.You lot sound so angry at Mimaki.All they are doing is trying to help the environment. What bright ideas have you come up with to re-use the carts? And why should they pay!

fmg

I bet ya pay taxes to have your trash removed from outside your house. But hang on a sec why should you!

Vinylman

Wow.You lot sound so angry at Mimaki.All they are doing is trying to help the environment. What bright ideas have you come up with to re-use the carts? And why should they pay!

I'm NOT ANGRY!!!! Do you get that!!!!:frustrated::frustrated::ROFLMAO:

"Trying to help the environment" my A%#@.

They [Mimaki] get reusable cartridges that saves "them" on buying new ones.

They [Mimaki] want the chips attached? Perhaps they reprogram them saving Mimaki millions on the purchase of new chips. HMMMM! re-flashing chips??

As for bright ideas:

I am gluing mine together and repaving my parking lot in front of my shop.
Kind of like paving bricks, only thinner.:clapping:

BoF

In Europe there is a scheme where a recycler pays you 5 euros per cartridge (for Mimaki, Roland, Mutoh, Seiko ect. ect.) and collects them from you free.

fmg

I read about one of these schemes in Canada I think a couple of years ago.
I think they were taking in Roland carts at the time.
Curious if anyone else heard about this.

CanuckSigns

I think this should be implemented at the dealer level, that way you can save up your carts and deliver them to your nearest roland/mutoh/mamaki dealer. the dealer has regular shipments going back to the head office, the carts can be sent with these.

Don't let them fool you, this is not a "green" measure, it is purely a cost saving measure! especially when you are paying to ship them back!

drive

I'm surprised a 3rd party ink supplier hasn't come up with something similar to be able to reuse those cartridges, only WITH customer incentive!

JoJom

does anyone know if the Canadian Staples will take the eco solvent mimaki cartridges?
I don't even care about the 2 dollars really I just want to recycle them, the 2 dollars is a nice incentive.

I ask because I called the local one and the sounded like they didn't understand my questions so they just said NO and I just wanted to know if I should contact someone else at Staples and ask them

genericname

does anyone know if the Canadian Staples will take the eco solvent mimaki cartridges?
I don't even care about the 2 dollars really I just want to recycle them, the 2 dollars is a nice incentive.

I ask because I called the local one and the sounded like they didn't understand my questions so they just said NO and I just wanted to know if I should contact someone else at Staples and ask them

Last I checked, they don't even take regular carts for free. We're living in the stone age up here, as far as adoption of green technologies and practices are concerned.

Solventcartridges.com is the only place in Canada that takes carts in, and we'd sent them a ton over the past year, though now they only do store credit, instead of a straight up cash payment. Still... if I get a free cleaning solution out of it, and the cartridges get re-used, who am I to complain?

housemusikid

Mimaki recycling program

I saw this post for the Mimaki recycling program and thought...NO WAY! Pay for shipping?

I have used this information below to recycle. THEY claim to pay for it. .50 cents and provided a label.

support@solventcartridges.com

I hope this helps.

WrapperX

I bet ya pay taxes to have your trash removed from outside your house. But hang on a sec why should you!

The differance between this and shipping the cartridges back to mimaki is that we can dump them in the garbage - which is paid for already since we need to dispose of our waste(s) via backing papers, shipping cartons, packing papers etc.

All I think the posters are saying is that why should we go out of our way to PAY Mimaki to take cartridges that we can easily throw in the garbage - sure, its ECO friendly - but what about consumer friendly. Even recycling centers pay you for some recyclyable products ie: 10 cents for glass 5 cents for plastics - whatever. If Mimaki wants us to send their cartridges back give a $10 discount on the purchase of your next cartridge. OR if they don't want to give a discount, Send a return shipment label with the New cartridges to pay for the returned empty cartridges. People want to help sure - and those people might go ahead and do that with out any incentive. But the fact remains that people need to have a REASON to do what they do. And a company that really has no interest in end users - which they have stated many times when anybody BUT a dealer tries to contact them for any reason - needs to make it worth their customers while. That's all we're saying.

thewood

The differance between this and shipping the cartridges back to mimaki is that we can dump them in the garbage - which is paid for already since we need to dispose of our waste(s) via backing papers, shipping cartons, packing papers etc.

All I think the posters are saying is that why should we go out of our way to PAY Mimaki to take cartridges that we can easily throw in the garbage - sure, its ECO friendly - but what about consumer friendly. Even recycling centers pay you for some recyclyable products ie: 10 cents for glass 5 cents for plastics - whatever. If Mimaki wants us to send their cartridges back give a $10 discount on the purchase of your next cartridge. OR if they don't want to give a discount, Send a return shipment label with the New cartridges to pay for the returned empty cartridges. People want to help sure - and those people might go ahead and do that with out any incentive. But the fact remains that people need to have a REASON to do what they do. And a company that really has no interest in end users - which they have stated many times when anybody BUT a dealer tries to contact them for any reason - needs to make it worth their customers while. That's all we're saying.

Great post, WrapperX. That about sums it up.

Richard G

I have a Mimaki JV3 160 SP and I just started using STS Inks out of Boca Raton Fl and they give us $5.00 for every return so the ink ends up costing us $75.00. So it's $80.00 Per 440 Cartridge and $5.00 of for each return. By the way they say there in is exactly the same as the SS ink no flush etc. So far I like it. By the way they were the first ones to get me off of the OEM inks.