• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Users ... Reviews Wanted

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Do you get tired of seeing posts wanting to know "What's the best plotter, printer, software, fill in the blank?". The new Signs 101 Product Reviews is aimed at developing an answer to this constantly asked question. But we need your help to develop this into a useful resource.

If you have direct experience with Mimaki printers, plotters or software, please take a few minutes and tell us what you think by reviewing the products you know about.

Here's a link to the products that have been started so far. If there are missing products you'd like to review, just let us know and we'll add it into the mix.

CustomRide

I think the CJV would be a great one along with a place to give reviews on the older JV3 models. A lot of people still use the JV3 and a lot of newbies tend to keep them as an option as they are cheaper to get when starting out on a budget.

Fred you doing a Roland and Mutoh section like this too?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I think the CJV would be a great one along with a place to give reviews on the older JV3 models. A lot of people still use the JV3 and a lot of newbies tend to keep them as an option as they are cheaper to get when starting out on a budget.

Fred you doing a Roland and Mutoh section like this too?

Mimaki Product Pages

Roland Product Pages

Mutoh Product Pages

We're working our way along but any help on older models by others is appreciated if you have time to assemble the info and photo(s).

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Hello Fred,

I'll do one for the jv3 160

Let me know how specific you would like it to be...

Thanks

Great and :thankyou:.

At least one photo with a reasonable description would be great followed by your review of the machine. Use the other reviews as a guide.

wavegypsy

Mimaki JV3 160 Sp review

Print quality is great, laminated prints are very durable and long lasting.
The graphic on my truck is 7 years old with no fading. The printer is tempermental. If you don't print for a few days, I have had heads give me trouble. I have had a few problems with banding and color shifting. Having experience with a Versacamm, the jv3 is more difficult to achieve good results. The JV3 does a great job, but it takes more effort. Also, reloading a laminated print onto the plotter can be difficult. The plotter sometimes has a hard time registering the marks and has occasionally looked for marks in the wrong places. In my opinion, if you have the option, by a Roland. I got my JV3 at an unbelievable deal.

GB2

Old Member
Nothing personal Wave, but I think that is not the type of review that would be helpful. The reviews should be objective, be detailed, should state facts and give supporting evidence along with photos in a systematic manner. Actually, it would be really nice if someone could take the time to develop a specific test sequence for particular equipment. For example a series of standard test prints could be available for anyone who wishes to review a printer and prints should be made in a standard set of resolutions, etc. so that each printer could be evaluated by the same procedure and compared equally. Oh well, it would be nice to live in that perfect world....

trimitbyrich

Heres a review. I ordered a Mimaki JV33 after owning a Roland for 10 years. Mimaki does not support Eco-sol inks with any profiles and the vinyl manufacturers don't either. They wanted me to switch to full solvent which has plenty of profiles. Downside, the ink is toxic and smells horrible. They also wanted me to install an exhaust for $2500 to fix this problem. I sent the printer back, and ordered a new Roland.Never again!