Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mimaki UV Flatbed Inks

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by abbey.b, Oct 10, 2019.

1. abbey.b

abbey.b New Member

Oct 9, 2019
    Ohio
    Hello Lovely Forum!

I am new to this site so please bare with me haha.

I have a JFX200 - 2513 and a UJF 6042 MkII

Currently using the LH100 Inks can someone explain to be the Differences in the inks?

Also i am new to the Mimaki world.

2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    LH-100 inks are good for scratch and chemical resistance. (Usually the smaller flat beds use these inks for promotional items that need really good scratch resistance but not a lot of flexibility)

LUS-120 inks are good for scratch resistance and flexibility (Usually used on roll to roll machine for printing vinyl)

LUS-150 inks are balanced for adhesion and flexibility (Usually used on the JFX200 or other large flat beds for printing directly to substrates)

LUS-170 is like LUS120 but used in the new roll to roll UV machines.

3. abbey.b

abbey.b New Member

Oct 9, 2019
    Ohio

Ahh ok right now I print on Fibrex, Acrylic and Mylar. looking to branch out so i wasn't sure what the best ink was for me or if i'm already using it

4. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Most of my customers use the LH-100 on the smaller ones and LUS-150 on the JFX200. That being said, I do have a customer using the LH-100 on the JFX200 and he does fine printing on hockey pucks and acrylic for the most part.

5. abbey.b

abbey.b New Member

Oct 9, 2019
    Ohio
    Hockey Pucks? thats awesome! i'm still trying to figure out what things i can print on still haha

6. Modern Ink Signs

Modern Ink Signs Premium Subscriber

Jun 27, 2008
    Waukesha, WI
    Beyond your standard substrates (coro, pvc, acm, etc) here are some thing we’ve printed on

Dominos
    Foosball table surface
    Bag toss boards (cornhole)
    Network switches
    Edges of monitors

• Like Like x 1