• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Vinyl Cutter - CG130 FXII Question.

DNG247

Hello everybody. I just wanted to know if a CG130 FXII cutter sold in 2011 is the same exact thing sold in 2022? In the market for a used one and wanted to see if there was a difference.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
They have upgraded to the CGFXII Plus now. It's the same cutter but has Ethernet and ID cut now. Other than that, they're the same machine.

DNG247

They have upgraded to the CGFXII Plus now. It's the same cutter but has Ethernet and ID cut now. Other than that, they're the same machine.
Thank you. How well does the CG130 FXII do Knock out cuts or Half cuts as mimaki like to call it. I'm trying to pair a cutter with a Mutoh 1624X and we are interested in doing Perf or knock out or die cut like decals.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thank you. How well does the CG130 FXII do Knock out cuts or Half cuts as mimaki like to call it. I'm trying to pair a cutter with a Mutoh 1624X and we are interested in doing Perf or knock out or die cut like decals.

In my experience it does well with simple shapes. Anything with fine details doesn't work well just by the nature of how it works. It can take some trial and error to dial in properly but once you get it, it works well. It also has two tools and tool tracks so you can set one up for regular kiss cuts and the other with a foam cut protection strip specifically for half cuts.

DNG247

In my experience it does well with simple shapes. Anything with fine details doesn't work well just by the nature of how it works. It can take some trial and error to dial in properly but once you get it, it works well. It also has two tools and tool tracks so you can set one up for regular kiss cuts and the other with a foam cut protection strip specifically for half cuts.
Dude thank you so much for the info. Also I just noticed your User name ahhaha say Hello to Jordan for me I was the guy from San Diego that had problems with A Mutoh 1624X.