• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki won't turn on?

this morning i came and my mimaki wont power up. I have no idea what's wrong. The green LED at the front is on, but nothing seems to happen when I press it. The screen isn't turning on or anything. Any idea as to what's wrong? I haven't taken it apart or anything. This just seems to have happened randomly. :help

is it plugged in?? just kidding. I had a problem that durning a cleaning cycle it got hung up for what seemed like for ever so I turned it off and after turning it back on it would not complete the initialize. I called tech and turned out that the magenta in tank was too low. replaced ink good to go. this was on an epson gs 6000 so it may not work for you but... it would be a good place to start.

is it plugged in?? just kidding. I had a problem that durning a cleaning cycle it got hung up for what seemed like for ever so I turned it off and after turning it back on it would not complete the initialize. I called tech and turned out that the magenta in tank was too low. replaced ink good to go. this was on an epson gs 6000 so it may not work for you but... it would be a good place to start.
Yeah actually this did happen to after a cleaning cycle yesterday...and it hasn't worked ever since :/

genericname

Just as a quick troubleshoot, without getting into the heavy stuff (mainboard, data ribbons, etc.), with the power off, check for loose wiring, or missing switches among the voltage selection switches inside and on the underside, to the left of the platen.

Had this happen to me once, and when I checked out the voltage selectors, the problem made itself apparent; the guy I replaced had broken off one of the connections, busting the plastic housing, and had just reseated it with electrical tape. Could be that you jostled something last time you (or a tech) had it open, and you've a loose connection.

Edit: Failing the above, check and clean the boards on your printheads, as ink may have splashed or leaked onto them. Generally, when there's a short on the heads, the printer will keep itself shut off as a precaution.

MikePro

no harm in a hard-reboot. turn off power switch in back of printer, pull plug from wall, press the green button a couple of times to discharge power, plug back in, and power-up.