• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaku UJF 3042FX

JOHN LLOYD

We are a slate company in North Wales UK and we have had a Mimaki UJF for 4 years but are having trouble with it and are told we need new heads. The problem is the test print is not good for the white and the colour when it prints prints off white( pale grey) and is blurry.
We therefore need to decide whether to spend on it or buy a new one.
Also should we go for a Mimaki or a Roland
The after sales servce from Mimaki has not been great although until recently apart from one breakdown has worked well

Any comments much appreciated!!

John Lloyd
Inigo Jones & Co Ltd

paperstrategies

white ink

What kind of ink are you using? I'm fairly certain the white has aluminum oxide in it and it has to be lightly shaken regularly. Have you performed extensive cleaning on the head? Could be that you're just having some deflection or something. Before you take the step and replace the heads, The ujf has unused nozzles that can be remapped to take the place of irrecoverable nozzles. When the whites aren't bright enough I usually print a whole image in white just to get some fresh ink in the lines. It's still possible that the head doesn't have to be replaced. Have you tried printing more than one file? Perhaps there's a color setting that's wrong. There have been a few cases where I've had to change the way I used the white. Instead of using a composite, try duplicating the color layer and doing a color replacement to white. This has worked for me more than once. Hope it helps.