• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mine Logo

ReddogS&D

I was approached by a local mine to come up with a new logo for their Mine Rescue team. They provided me with the example that they currently have, but cannot use since the mine was recently purchased. They also provided me with a sketch and other possible elements to incorporate. I've come up with a couple starting points, but nothing that really "pops" for me. Here are the highlights of the email I've received...

"The company logo will have to be incorporated or stand alone somewhere."" would like to see some symbolism that represents Blue Mountain, ( maybe a blue colored silhouette of mountains with a bull elk on one side and a buck on the other) and some sort of transition from coal to energy."" The new concept would not have to show fossil fuel to fire. Perhaps some other representation such as coal to electricity or even some place to put a slogan saying “If electricity makes it work…….thank a coal miner.”"

Any suggestions?
First picture is their suggested sketch. Second and Third are my "sketches".Thank You!

Attachments

• des mine idea.jpg
    des mine idea.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 95
  • DESERADO MINE SHIELD 2.jpg
    DESERADO MINE SHIELD 2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 62
  • DESERADO MINE SHIELD 3.jpg
    DESERADO MINE SHIELD 3.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 80

ReddogS&D

The first, probably not. The second and third, were done using LXi. I would be looking to use a different program, but being that they will eventually be cut on the plotter, just used the LXi.

tcorn1965

I actually like the original sketch...as a good starting point...I do not get the horns??? on two and three. I critique as an end user and not a professional designer...
Terry

JERHEMI

I actually like the original sketch...as a good starting point...I do not get the horns??? on two and three. I critique as an end user and not a professional designer...
Terry

I don't think those are horns...they are fumes...gas...smoke getting sucked in throught the ventilator. However, if you convert this to black & white is going to look like horns.

Biker Scout

Design in black and white first... then add color. If it looks good b/w, then you can start getting creative.

The logo is too busy... Am I correct in guessing that this someday might become a patch? Research patches and stuff like that. Gall's comes to mind as a good place to start looking.

Biker Scout

Try using their shield design as the main element where a lightening bold crosses the front of the shield. Then show on one side or the other, pick axes and/or other minor tools along with a Search and Rescue Cross. Maybe the face mask thing is unnecessary? It almost looks as if is some kind of G.I. Joe or M.A.S.K. logo.

ReddogS&D

Wow, thank you all. I'll admit, I was a bit hesitant to post this, but you guys have definetly brought to my attention things I was over looking. Here's what the previous design was, and something I was kind of using as the basis of the design (hence, the breathing apparatus with the air supply hoses). To be quite honest, this one has been a little frustrating to me, as all of the elements seem to be so distant from each other in theme that I haven't been able to get a rough that I've been completely satisfied with. Also, I would like to add that I started using the badge/shield form because it was the form that seemed to be implied by the suggestion sketch, plus, I figured it worked considering it was a rescue team. All suggestions are welcome!

Attachments

• IMG_0871.jpg
    IMG_0871.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 79

Biker Scout

Here ya go... try here to get inspiration: http://www.butlerpatches.com

Sometimes it's hard to break away from what a client offers you as a sketch, or a previous design element. Stick to your "Design" instincts on this one, and don't let them influence your first design with their "Design by Committee" input.

MikeSTK

Dawns Vinyl Designs
Nothing helpful here BUT the first thumbnail looks like a blindfolded mummy screaming..........just saying