• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mini Cooper Strip Template

arista5

does anyone know where i can obtain a template for these? I have no problem buying from a vendor, just cant find one who has this.

any help is appreciated.

thanks

Letterbox Mike

Are you after the bonnet/boot stripes or the stripe at the bottom of the doors?

Bonnet/boot stripes are typically 4" wide and are straight, no curve to them. I can get a picture of mine on Monday if you can wait until then.

The door stripes are a little different, you'd have to search the web for photos of those, they're simple but I doube there are any vector files out there for them. I think you can buy them at a few places ready to apply for pretty cheap. Check out www.outmotoring.com, they may have them.

arista5

sorry for the delay on my response, i was put on hold til they decided on the job.

these are the stripes across the top. I have a good idea but honestly in flexi i cant get the curves the way i want them. I have not used flexi or done much decal work in almost a year so i am a bit rusty with it.

any help is appreciated.

and this is a 6 piece kit. thanks

Letterbox Mike

The stripes on the roof? As in just two racing stripes that run front to back or is it the Union Jack covering the whole roof?

arista5

The stripes on the roof? As in just two racing stripes that run front to back or is it the Union Jack covering the whole roof?

stripes from the front bumper all the way through the rear bumper. if i was doing the install i would just trim it. he is going to do it so i need to have them cut precisely like the factory ones.

Letterbox Mike

Parallell stripes? Don't cut the angles for everything, there's no possible way to measure everything, at least unless you're charging him for about a hundred sets of stripes so you can adjust and readjust until they're right. Just give him a roll of the stripes, pre spaced with transfer tape. He's got to be practical and understand there is a little hand work to installing them and he'll have to trip them to shape.

The good news is they are straight, they don't curve or anything, and a Mini is about the easiest car to install stripes on if you know what you're doing.