• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mini power outages on XR-640?

WrapCity

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue. It started last week and happens randomly so far, no rhyme or reason that we have figured out. Our XR-640 is printing along fine and then just stops - it isn't a data hiccup issue because the screen would read now processing - I definitely feel it is a power issue because the screen goes back to the main set up <roll> / <tu> / <piece> haven't been looking right at it when it happened so I don't know if it goes through the full start up screen before getting there. I don't really know how to describe the issue other than it stops printing and it's as if it was never set up to print that file in the first place. It's done it 5 or 6 times in a week but of course it's been on long prints with crop marks for cutting later.

Help/ideas much appreciated. Thanks!

rjssigns

Check the easy stuff first.
Has any other equipment been having power related issues? If not then you can probably rule out the supply end of things.
Just to be sure test the outlet with a multimeter to make sure it's supplying correct voltage.
Get a plug in tester to make sure there are no ground or polarity issues. Wires can loosen up if they weren't installed correctly.

If the printer is the only rig having issues:
Is the outlet where its plugged in okay? Contrary to popular belief they don't last forever. Especially if they've been used heavily.
Is the printer on an extension cord? if so try a new/different one. Had an issue with my Summa. Found a bad receptacle on the cord reel.
"Ohm out" the printers power cord with a multimeter or try a new cord.

If all of the above test good then it's something in the printer.

Seems like a lot of stuff to go through but it is necessary to narrow your target area with some simple tests. Otherwise you're just guessing or worse yet have a tech come out and he uses the parts cannon approach and it still doesn't work. Then you find out it was the cord or a 3 dollar outlet.